Chapter 61 - Our first Valentine's!

I knew Manik would come after that message of mine. Everytime I write 'No ifs and no buts' he knows I'm serious. I remember last time I had asked Manik to watch a romantic movie with me but he wanted to watch an action one instead. We argued over it so much until I said 'No ifs and no buts.' He had then decided we wouldn't watch any movie. Does he not understand 'No ifs and no buts' means 'No ifs and no buts'. So how dare he decide we're not watching any movie. I was so mad I literally threw him out of my house and didn't speak to him for a whole week until he brought tickets to go watch Badrinath Ki Dulhania. You guys may think Nandini Murthy is just crazy, but girls he wanted to watch an action movie over a SRK romantic movie. Like seriously? I wouldn't let that happen!

He knows I'll be super mad at him if he doesn't come today. So it's a 10 minutes ride to my place from his including traffic, add 5 more minutes to that as he'll need the time to find his car keys. This idiot is always losing his keys. So according to my calculations it's 11:35 right now, I'll give him 5 more minutes extra to get ready so he should be here by 11:55. It was nearly 12 by the time Manik's car pulled up in my driveway. He's here yessss! This means by the time he sees all the decoration and I wish him Valentine's Day will have started. I had left the door slightly open. As Manik got out of the car, I peeked through the window. He was about to knock on the door when he realised it was slightly open.

"Nandini! Baby where are you? This girl is so careless. I mean who leaves their door open at midnight. Koi aa jaataa toh? Nandu where are you? Listen I'm sorry I'm late. I couldn't find my car, I mean my car keys." Manik rambled on. I told you guys this idiot must've misplaced his keys. See I know him too well. And he calls me careless. He slowly walked inside and closed the door behind him. It was dark, pitch dark. He hates darkness. I was hiding behind the wall all this while. I switched on some lights and as soon as Manik saw the scenery he shouted Wow!

 I switched on some lights and as soon as Manik saw the scenery he shouted Wow!

I had decorated the entire living room in star fairy lights. He absolutely loves the stars. He started touching the lights like a little kid. That smile on his face was precious and all this hard work was totally worth it. Manik I hope you always stay smiling like this. He then saw a note stuck on the wall which I had wrote for him.

"You're probably looking for me right? Come up to the terrace. I'll meet you there. Also, pick up the things that I've put on the floor on your way up."

I saw him smile as he read the note. I quickly made my way up to the terrace before him. He picked up all the roses I had laid on each step as he climbed the stairs. The pathway was covered in candles and that helped to add that extra touch of romantic feel to the entire set up.