Chapter 34 - Realisations and heartbreaks

C: Choti no! You can't do this Choti! You can't hide your feelings from Manik. What if he comes to know from someone else? He's your best friend, he trusts you and you've got to trust him. Don't hide it from him Nandini. Dil ki baat hamesha bol dai ni cahiye before it's too late! (You should always say what's in your heart before it's too late!) Please Choti, please don't hide your feelings. I know you're scared that he may not love you back but what if he does? Choti you never know until you actually tell him. If he doesn't love you back then okay, but atleast you won't have to live with the regret that you didn't tell him for the rest of your life.

N: I guess you're right Bhai! I should tell him... I don't want him to find out from elsewhere. I really hope he feels the same way for me Bhai, I really do hope so. He's the first person whom my heart has loved, whom I've loved.... I don't want my first love to be incomplete Bhai. I really don't!

C: Choti be optimistic! Everything will be fine! Just tell him.... You don't want to be living with any regrets!

N: Hmmm.... I don't! Thanks Bhai! Thanks a lot!

C: Anytime Choti!

Just then Bhai got a call from someone.

"Yeah, yeah she's with me! We're in the garden. Okay! No worries!"

N: Bhai who was it?

C: Choti it was Manik! He wanted to speak to you, he's coming here so please tell him everything.

N: Yeah Bhai!

A couple of minutes later Manik came, Bhai left us to have some privacy. Manik sat next to me and I awkwardly looked down, what would I tell Manik when he asks why I suddenly walked out from there?

M: Nandini is everything okay? I mean why did you just walk out like that?

N: Manik so Rose likes you.... What did you reply to her?

M: Are you seriously asking me that question? What did you think I was going to say? That I like her too? Nandini she's a nice girl but she's not my type. I don't even know her. And why did you just walk out like that?

N: No specific reason!

M: Nandini I answered your question so you need to answer mine now... And answer it properly! Because I know when you're telling the truth and when you're lying.

N: Fine! I walked out because I was jealous!

M: Jealous? You were jealous of Rose? Why? I mean what's there to be jealous about her?

N: Manik I was jealous because she was hitting on you.

M: And you thought she may replace you in my life? Nandini you're my best friend... You don't need to be insecure about anyone. No one will ever replace you in my life... And that's a promise. A Manik Malhotra promise.

As usual, he kissed my palm to seal the promise. That was our special way of making promises. I was annoyed at him because he wasn't understanding the real reason why I was jealous but this cute gesture of his made me smile.

N: Manik I know no one will ever replace me in your life. Manik I need to tell you something.

M: Sure go ahead... I'm all ears!

N: Manik this thing has been bugging me for a long time now. But today Bhai cleared it all for me.

M: I have no idea what you're on about!