Chapter 13 - "He's not that bad!"

Bhai had invited me to get lunch with him but I really didn't want to face Manik or Mukti as trouble is always imminent when they are present! I told Bhai I was gonna go with Navya-my new friend! We went to the canteen and ordered some food! I ordered pasta whilst Navya ordered a sandwich and tea!

Na: Nandu you want tea?

N: No Navya I don't drink tea.

Na: Coffee?

N: Nope

Na: Then what do you drink?

N: Hot chocolate!!! And iced drinks!!!

Na: You want hot chocolate?

N: No Navya I'll get a iced Mocha!

Na: Okies

Navya placed the order and then started to discuss about the lesson we just had.

Na: What did you think of Ram sir's lesson? Like the topics we discussed in class today.

N: Navya I feel that Ram sir was right! Never let the one you love go.... Love sounds like such a pure thing even though I've never experienced it myself! I've never really seen a guy and felt like he's the one! I mean I've been attracted to people but never felt like being in a relationship with that person! I'm waiting for the day when the violins will play... The wind will blow!!!

Na: Wow!!! Nandu tum kitni filmy ho! Do you really belive in all the violoin stuff?

N: No Navya not really as I know it's not the same in reality. But Navya how will I ever know if it's love?

Na: Nandu... Don't worry! You just will!

N: Wow! Are you speaking from experience! Koi boyfriend hai kya?

Na: Yeah I'm mentally dating someone who doesn't even know I exist.

N: What! Who?

Na: Aray the whole world knows him.... The one and only Ranbir Kapoor!

N: OMG! I've fororever had a crush on him, David Beckham and Lionel Messi! By the way.... Have you ever had a boyfriend?

Na: Nope never! My situation is same as yours. Koi mila hi nahi.

N: Don't worry Navya.... Soon you will be saying "koi mil gaya".

Na: And you call me filmy!

Navya rolled her eyes and we both burst out laughing!

Few days later:

It's 11:00pm and I'm lying down on my bed thinking about today's well actually this weeks events! It had gone well! Yes I had Fab 5 in my lessons but Navya was also with me so I somehow managed! Today after college Bhai had taken me to do shopping for my house and I bought way too much! Navya had accompanied me and Monster Manik also joined us on Cabir's request! He was useful though. He was our personal ladder! We decorated my house.... The way I wanted to! Everything in the house was ready beforehand but I wanted to add a personal touch to turn the house into a home! The kitchen and bathroom were similar to what I wanted so we left them! We bought furniture for the living room, the chilling room as I like to call it, my bedroom and the balcony! I'm so glad dad had converted my pounds into rupees on my bank card! I had decorated my whole house.... It took us 2 evenings to decorate but it was all worth it! Everyone was a great help.... Yes even Manik! WOW!!!! I didn't call him monster for once. I feel he's not a bad guy after all especially after his sweet gesture today.

Flashback:

Navya was cleaning the balcony and sorting out the furniture.... Manik was unpacking the sofas and settling them in their right places. Bhai had gone to get Pizzas for us for dinner. I was putting the picture frames up. I was standing on the ladder hanging up my picture frames when suddenly I heard Navya scream and out of shock I twisted my ankle on the ladder and lost my balance.... I closed my eyes in fear as I knew I was gonna land hard on the laminated floor! But luckily I was wrong! I landed in what seemed like two arms.