Chapter 67 - Confusions and surprises!

Today is the day! The day I'll meet Manik's dadi and also hopefully the day when we'll find out the connection between dadi and Amms. I wonder what the connection is though. After last nights dinner at Manik's place, we left for my house. Amms was still annoyed at Manik and Mukti and so was I to a certain extent. Manik knew I was irritated so he came down to my place at midnight with ice cream. I had to sneak out into the garden to meet him. Amms was already annoyed and it would've made it worse if she saw Manik come to my place so late at night. I had a go at him for coming to my place but he cheered me up with ice cream. We sat in the car relishing the ice cream and contemplating our life at the moment. So much drama in just one day. I was actually so stressed out about everything. Will Amms ever like Manik? Will his dadi like me? What if she doesn't like me and separates me from Manik? What if she's found a girl for him? All these stupid thoughts were running through my mind and I couldn't help them from bothering me. However, Manik got rid of all my worries with a promise that was sealed by a kiss on the forehead. "I will always be with you no matter what." Those words were more than enough to settle down my worries. How can a simple hug, a kiss on the forehead and some soothing words possibly calm me down? Manik had settled down my worries but today when Mukti messaged me to let me know Dadi will be arriving in the afternoon, I panicked again. Nyonika aunty had invited us to their house again as dadi wanted to meet me as soon as possible. There was also a pooja in their house for something. Gosh why does she want to meet me so eagerly? I was getting ready to go to their house when my mum walked in.

"Nandu beta are you ready?" She questioned.

"No maa. I'm just getting ready. Acha, How does this dress look?" I pointed to the plain white churidaar that I was wearing with a printed dupatta. It was quite simple yet stylish.

"You look stunning beta but you can't wear this." Mum stated.

"Why? Is it not nice? What's wrong with it? Is it not Indian enough? Maa, this is the most Indian I can get!" I loaded her with multiple questions that were running in my mind.

"Beta the dress is really nice. It's not you, it's not the dress, it's Manik's dadi!" She said in disbelief.

"What? How does his dadi have anything to do with my dress?" I further questioned.

"She has everything to do with it! She sent this outfit for you. Their driver just dropped it off! He said dadi wants you to wear it to today's pooja. I was confused so I rang Nyonika and she confirmed it. Apparently dadi has brought this for you from Chandigarh and wants to see you in it today at the pooja." I was so confused. I opened the box to find a beautiful white dress with a cutout in the middle. It had minimal design around the neck and a pink net dupatta. It was more of a wedding/party outfit then a pooja one but nonetheless I wore it anyway. I didn't want to upset her by not wearing it. Mum gave me her pink jhumkas to wear with it. I curled my hair and left it out on the side. I was ready!

 I was ready!