Chapter 30 - "Do I really love Manik?"

Dear diary,

So it's been 6 months since I've come to India. These 6 months have been amazing! I'll be honest with you I was never interested in writing diaries but once Manik told me "Nandini if you can't express your feelings through words then pen them down on paper." He inspired me to start writing a diary and that's exactly what I did. I've been telling you everything since the last 3 months. And keeping a diary is one of the best things I've done. Anyways so in these 6 months I've made so many friends, met some wonderful souls and learnt so much more about music. Manik introduced me to his parents at a party at his house and they are lovely people. I think they like me because of my simple nature and respect towards my elders. I've met them a few times after that. My parents and Rishab came down to visit last week and they met Manik's parents. And you won't believe what happened when they met! Mr and Mrs Malhotra are mum's childhood friends and Mr Malhotra is also dad's business partner. What a small world?! My dad likes to keep work and family seperate so he never told us about his business partners or anything like that. Hence, we never knew about the Malhotras relation with my family. My parents went back to Delhi on Sunday. They only stayed for the weekend! I was mad but they have work and Rishab has school as well. You know what diary... When I first met Manik I hated him to bits. I had never thought that I would become so close to him. Manik is my best friend now. Yeah, we decided to move from friends to best friends. We're both like Rahul and Anjali of kuch kuch hota hai! We still fight over silly things but make sure to share our problems with each other. Manik has opened up to me a lot... He feels better when he talks about his problems to me! I like that! Navya is jealous because I was supposed to be her best friend but I spend more time with Manik than her. Oh yeah! I didn't tell you! Bhai proposed to Navya on her birthday 3 months back! I knew there was something brewing up between the two. They finally expressed their feelings for each other and are now very happy together. Navya didn't want to be the girl who ditches her best friend for her boyfriend. So she makes sure she spends equal time with me and Cabir Bhai. She's so sweet and caring. Bhai is very lucky to have her. Bhai introduced Navya to his mum last month and she loved Navya. Divyanka Aunty felt Navya was exactly like her-filmy, full of life and spreading happiness every where she went! Honestly, Cabir Bhai and Navya are perfect for each other. And about my Mr Right... Well I'm still waiting. I've never been in love so I don't know how it feels. Navya says when you fall in love you want to spend all your time with that person. Your day cannot start without seeing them. When they get hurt, you get hurt. You are your happiest self when you are with them! They like you for who you are and won't ever judge you. You feel relieved when you share your problems with them. You cannot imagine life without them. You'll always fight with them and show them your tantrums because they will probably be the only ones willing to bear them. And that's when you'll realise you are in love. But is she right? Are all these things true? But I like to spend all my time with Manik! My day doesn't start without seeing him! When he gets hurt, I get hurt. I definitely am my happiest self when I'm with him. Manik never judges me... He likes me for who I am. I do feel relieved when I share my problems with him. I don't know what I'd do without having my best friend in my life, I really can't imagine life without him. And yes I always do fight with him and show him my tantrums because he always bears them. Sugars! I love Manik! I love Manik Malhotra! Diary am I really in love?! No, I don't think I love Manik! I can't love Manik, he's my best friend. You can't love your best friend... Can you? But Rahul and Anjali were best friends and they eventually came together in the end. So I love Manik? Do I really love Manik? Urgh I don't know... This is all soo confusing. Me and Manik.... we're just best friends... Yeah! Just best friends! Wait... Nandini are you trying to tell yourself or rather convince yourself to believe this? I don't even know. You know what diary this is enough for today. I think I've penned down too many feelings and emotions today. I'll see you tomorrow! Till then take care bye!

Lots of love,
                       Your crazy owner Nandini beautiful murthy!

Yeah I know it's weird calling myself beautiful but shouldn't I praise myself? Of course I should! I have every right to! Now where is this Monster Malhotra? He's gonna make me late for college. Urgh!!!! Nandini why fear when technology is here! Idiot make use of the technology and ring him up! Yeah I know I talk to myself a lot but as they say "It's normal to talk to yourself because once in a while you need some expert advice!" And why isn't this monkey picking his phone up? Oh yeah monkey is another nickname I've given to Manik. Sometimes he acts like a complete monkey.

"Hello Mona Darling!" A voice came from the phone.

"Mona Darling? Manik are you serious?" I shouted at him in disgust of the new nickname he's given me. I like the name but all this darling varling stuff is too cheesy for me. It's like a typical name a guy would call his girl friend. And I am not Manik's girlfriend and he isn't my boyfriend. Okay?!

"To aur kya bulau? (Then what else shall I call you?) Gol Gappa? Yeah I'm gonna call you Gol Gappa!"

"Manik enough of your jokes and please come quickly... I'll get late for class."

"Chill babe. Don't turn into a red tomato please. It's only psychology and besides we have an hour. It takes 30 mins to get to college so we have plenty of time!"

"Manik whatever! Hurry up now! I'm waiting!" Manik's never late but I don't know why he hadn't come on time today.

"I'm just around the corner. I had to help mum with something before I left so that's why I'm running late. Sorry! I'll be there in 2 minutes."

"Oh okay. 2 minutes! Just 2 minutes! Not more okay?"

"Oh meri chalti phirti alarm clock. Aa raha hoon! Ab phone bhi rakho so I can get back to driving! (Oh my walking alarm clock. I'm coming! Now put the phone down so I can get back to driving!) Bye!"

"Okay bye!" I put the phone down, got my bag, my keys and then locked my house and waited in the garden outside. Gosh this year of uni has gone so fast! We'll be finishing for the year in 2 weeks! We've already made so many plans for the holidays already. We as in Fab 5, me, Navya and Alya's brother who will be coming from New York to India in 2 weeks. Manik's friend from Dubai will also be coming. I can't wait to meet these 2 new people. I've heard so many positive things about them. Honestly, I can't wait till these 2 weeks are over. After that we're gonna just chill and have fun!

A/N: Chapter 30 updated! So guys I took into consideration what you all said and all of you either said take the leap or do what you feel is the best thing to do. Thank you for giving me your opinions and helping me decide! 😘 So I decided to do a leap and I've got some exciting twists and turns planned and I cannot wait to write them and for you guys to read them. ☺️🙈 I hope you guys liked this one. Do let me know. Don't forget to vote and comment! ❤️ Lots of love xxx