Chapter 16 - "Thank you Nandini"

N: First of all I know I look like a fashionista which I am but I am also a complete book worm! Yes I love to read books.... My favourite novel has to be 'The Notebook' by Nicholas Sparks! Currently I'm reading Sophie Kinsella's books! I love Psychology and Music and Indian classical and rock music are my fav!

Mu: OMG!!!! Even I love to read and The Notebook is an amazing Novel! What???? You listen to indian classical?

Mukti was completely shocked after what I said! I don't blame her though.... I really don't look like a girl who would be interested in books or classical music!

N: I don't just listen to it... I also play it! Actually I know I was born in London but my parents always taught me and my younger brother about our Indian culture.... From childhood we have been celebrating all the festivals be it Diwali or Holi! My amms ( grandmother) lives in India! Whenever she used to come stay in UK she would teach me the veena!

Mu: You can play the veena?

N: Yup! I can also play the guitar, piano, drums, flute and dholaks! My parents would send me to music lessons in school holidays! I got my inspiration from amms.... I've always wanted to be a great musician like her!

Mu: WOW!!! Nandini I was soooo wrong about you. Honestly Bhai was right.... Never judge a book by its cover!

Just then Mukti's phone rang and she gave me a worried look.

N: What's wrong Mukti? Who is it?

Mu: bhhh... Bhai! I can't speak to him!

N: But Mukti he'll be worried for you!

Mu: Nandini can you please speak to him... I'm not in a state to speak to him please.... Pretty please.

N: Okay... Okay I'll speak to him!

I picked up the phone and answered it!

M: Hello Mukti where are you? I've been looking everywhere for you?

N: Manik it's me... Nandini!

M: Nandini?? Why is Mukti's phone with you.... Where is she?

He sounded very stressed on the phone.... Then again I don't blame him!

N: Urm Actually uh....

M: Speak up Nandini!! (He literally yelled)

N: She's in the washroom.

M: Which floor?

N: Actually Manik we're at my house.

M: What? When? How? Why?

N: Manik I'll answer your questions later but you please come down to mine with Fab 5. Okay?

M: Okay.... We're coming! Bye

N: Bye Manik!

I hanged the call and turned to speak to Mukti when I saw her walking towards the kitchen to put the mug back.... I followed her and then all of a sudden she started to lose her balance.... I quickly ran up to her and grabbed her!

N: Mukti! Mukti! You ok?

Mu: Nandu I don't know I just started feeling dizzy!

N: Come with me to my room.... You need rest!

I walked Mukti to my room and helped her to lie down on my bed. I gave her some medicine as she had a severe headache. I asked her to take some rest and then suddenly a question hit me!

N: Mukti you want me to tell Fab 5 what happened?

Mu: No Nandini.... I'll do it!

N: Sure?

Mu: Sure!

Just then the door bell rang! I knew who it was! I went up to the door and Manik ran inside!

M: Where's Mukku?

N: Manik chill.... She's fine... She's in my room!

He ran to my room and the rest of Fab 5 followed and Navya had joined them as well.

Na: Nandu... Mukti ko kya hua!

N: Navya lets go inside and you'll find out everything! ( I said closing the door)

Manik's P.O.V

I was soooo terrified when I couldn't find Mukku in college! I rang her a few times but she didn't pick up! After a good few times she finally picked up but to my dismay it was Nandini! She told me Mukti was at her place and asked me and Fab 5 to come there ASAP! And so we did! I literally ran to Mukti after Nandini told me she was in her room! I was so worried about her.... What had happened? I barged into the room and saw Mukku lying on the bed....tears rolling down her cheeks!

M: Bacha what happened???

Mu: Bhai!!!!

She hugged me tightly and cried her eyes out.... I didn't stop her either.... I wanted her to let everything out!

Mu: Bhai it was him....

M: Him? Matlab.... Matlab Harshad?!

Mukti simply nodded whilst my anger levels started to increase rapidly! That jerk.... how dare he hurt my sister!!!!

M: Mukku us jerk nai kya kiya! I hope he didn't do anything wrong!

Mukti told us the whole story and I was shocked after hearing it all! My Bacha had to suffer so much and I wasn't even there to help her!

M: I'm sorry I wasn't there to save you from him!

Mu: Bhai it's not your fault! Stop blaming yourself!

D: It's good that Nandini saved you on time!

A: Yes Nans we owe you one babes!

N: Guys please! Mukti is like a sister to Bhai so therefore she is also like my sister! I didn't hesitate to help her and if it was someone else in Mukti's place then I would have helped her as well.

C: Choti I'm honestly so proud of you! I can't belive you hit him with a stick... Won't be surprised if we see him around with plasters!

N: Bhai aap bhi na!

Na: Haan Nandu... Honestly you have done an amazing thing.

M: Thank you Nandini.... Thank you for saving Mukku.... If you weren't here today then I honestly don't know what would have happened!

N: Manik please.... Don't need to thank me.

This girl is amazing! I mean Mukti had insulted her so much and still she did so much for her. She didn't think twice about herself... What if Harshad had hurt her? Usnai apnay baray mai bilkul bhi nahi socha! She's different.... Different from the rest! Miss Murthy I really want to know you!

End of P.O.V

Wow! Fab 5 are so close! I mean they're all supporting Mukti and taking care of her... Their relationship is beautiful! Mukti is damn lucky to have these guys by her side!

M: Acha Mukku are you ready to perform with Nandini and Maddy?

Mu: Bhai of course.... I mean I really want to but...

M: But what Mukti?

Everyone gave Mukti a questioning look. She didn't have a problem with me anymore... So why was she hesitating?

A/N: First of all a big thank you to everyone who take time out to vote and comment on my story. 😘 It means a lot to me. ☺️ And yes I'm sorry for late update but I'm extremely busy with college work and cousins wedding this week. 😬😔 Hope you guys understand. Hope you enjoyed the update. Do let me know what you thought! Lots of love xxx