Chapter 63 - "He's mine!"

We spent the rest of the day doing some shopping and buying gifts for our friends for Valentine's Day because you should show your love to your friends too, right? Me and Manik brought gifts for everyone and then headed towards my house. We first went down to Manik's house to pick his clothes up for the party. I was looking forward to seeing his parents but when we got to his place, no one was home. His parents had gone out for a spa day, It was Raj uncle's surprise for Nyo aunty. How cute? And Mukti had gone out with Abhi. Manik started to show me all the red and white outfits he had whilst I helped myself to some of his secret chocolates stack from his mini fridge which he kept in his room. I was munching on the chocolate and he was showing me his outfits one by one. I kept rejecting them all because the theme was indo western and wearing a three piece suit would not do justice to the theme. Nope! 10 suits later Manik gave up and threw himself on the bed.

"What is this yaar? I've shown you sooo many clothes but you don't like anything. Here give me some!" Manik spoke whilst snatching some chocolates from my hands.

"Manik they're all really nice outfits but it doesn't match the theme." I replied back.

"Aray bhaar mai gayaa theme! I'm going to come in my pyjamas. I don't care!" He spoke in an irritated tone.

"Manik please be serious! You should have something Indo western. Ohhh I know what you can wear. Why don't you wear the red Kurta that one of your aunties gifted you on Diwali. Remember you showed it to me too." I suddenly remembered about that kurta.

"No way am I wearing that! And how do you remember such things?" Manik questioned me.

"I don't know I just remember. Yai sab chodo. Please wear that kurta it'll look super cool." I requested him.

"But Nandini..."

"Please Manik, pretty please."

"Urgh fine!" He spoke giving in to my demands.

"Yay!" I jumped like a little kid.

"Okay Nandu you wait I'll go have a shower and get changed." Manik spoke as he went towards the cupboard to get his towel.

"What? You can do that at my place. I need to go home and get ready too." I stated.

"Nandini we still have 2 hours till the party. It'll literally take me 15 minutes max." Manik tried to explain to me.

"But Manik...."

"There's cake in the fridge. Go and help yourself!" Manik spoke as he walked towards the bathroom. He knows me too well. Food is my weakness. I made my way down to the kitchen and helped myself to some cake and Tina, their worker, made me some coffee and I had a nice little chat with her. After about 15 minutes or so I went upstairs to Manik's room. I saw him in front of the mirror adjusting his hair. He was looking oh so handsome in that red asymmetrical kurti with black jeans. I just could not stop drooling over him. He saw me through the mirror and gave me a smirk.

 He saw me through the mirror and gave me a smirk