Chapter 3: Marked

When I wake up, I'm in a different room. I can tell by the ceiling. It's a regular white color with small designs carved into it. I sit up and notice I'm in a pretty large bed. The bedpost is colored a deep red and the blankets are all red with black pillows. There are clothes scattered around the floor as if the last person in here was in a rush before they left. There's more heaps of clothing on top of a dresser covering the small flat screen. I notice a large lump on the couch in front of it. I climb out of bed and move closer to it, and I recognize the "lump" as Alpha. He's laying on his side with a dark blue blanket covering him.

I tip toe around him and try the only door in the room that can be an exit out of here. I try the knob, only to have the door be locked. I groan in frustration. My bladder is nearly going to explode if I don't get to a toilet in the next 10 minutes. I walk back over to the couch and tap on Alpha. He doesn't budge. I tap him again but this time it's harder and more persistent. "Alpha," I call.

He groans and rolls over. I don't have time for this. I take the large cup of water on the coffee table and pour it over his head. He wakes up startled and gasps for air as I pour all of the remnants of water on his hair and face. When he realizes what's going on, his eyes settle on me and darken.

"Lena," he grumbles. His voice is low and eery.

I shrink back a little under his intimidating stare. "I... have to pee."

When I speak, his eyes lighten up a bit and he relaxes a little. Now that the entire universe isn't stirring hectically around me I start to notice him more. His face structure is so perfect. His skin is gleaming from the water and his hair is soaked. His eyes are a warm piercing brown color. His jaw is chiseled, lips full and perfect. I've always imagined getting kidnapped by a creepy old man, not this charming psychotic guy. "Come on," he grumbles and walks to the door. He reveals a key in his pocket and unlocks the door. He points to another door in the hall on the right.

I speedily walk into the bathroom and cut on the light. It's the first time I've seen myself in a mirror since my kidnapping. To say the least, I'm a mess. My red hair is a birds nest on top of my head and my eyes have bags that have bags. They're red and puffy and my face is cherry red. To my surprise, I see no cuts or bruises on my face from my run-in with a wall. I don't have any more time to question it because my bladder is losing control. I do my business, and by the time I wash my hands, Alpha is knocking on the door. "Hurry."

I roll my eyes and mimic him under my breath as I dry my hands. I open the door to the bathroom and Alpha is behind it. He looks pissed off and his posture is tense. I wonder if there's ever a time this guy can relax. "What type of kidnapping is this? Not that I'm complaining or anything, but if I had known getting kidnapped I'd end up in a place like this with a nice bed all to myself and a huge bathroom, I'd bait myself."

Alpha gives me a strange glance. "Don't get too excited. You'd be dead right now if you weren't —" Alpha pauses and stares at me again, this time narrowing his eyes.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" I hate to admit that it makes me upset by the way he looks at me. It's almost as if I can recognize what he's thinking and feeling just by looking into his eyes. Maybe those pills he forced down my throat opened the gateway to the psychotic version of myself, but I can't deny that Alpha is extremely attractive despite the current situation.

"I never thought that you would be human."

I laugh nervously, "Are you sure I'm a human? I could be an airplane for all we know." Alpha doesn't laugh. His lips don't even twitch and there's an unsettling feeling in my stomach.

"Back to the room," he commands. He turns around and starts to head back to the room, but I remain in my spot. He turns around after realizing I'm not following him and gives me a look. "Do you ever obey anyone?" I shrug in response. "Of course not. You're a criminal," he snarls.