Epilouge

I pull my hair up into a bun and allow the sun to soak my skin. My phone rings behind me, but I'm too busy enjoying the view of the ocean.

Damien sent me heaps of letters I have yet to open and respond because I'm too busy living the life.

The day I rejected him I felt as if an invisible barrier broke. Well, of course 4 years from then the bond restored itself, which is exactly why I ran off to a different continent.

Joking.

I moved to Hawaii. I managed to fix my life, myself, and land a good job to buy a nice house. I did get a little help from Damien jaunting the place and all, but that's as far as we've gotten.

I bought a cat and named her Peony. Her fur isn't pink, but it's a nice reminder of one of my favorite memories with Damien.

Damien checks up on me every once and awhile.

Who am I kidding? He tries to contact me every day. Phone, text, social media, email, actual mail. I know he's just worried about me, but I need a little space. I've already changed my number 67 times over the past two years, made too many email accounts, and even blocked him on all of my social media and made my posts private.

Does that stop Super Damien? You're damn right it doesn't.

Lily and Elise are the only ones I allow to follow me on my social media. I speak to Elise as often as I do Damien, but Lily and I sometimes video call all night. She's told me Damien's a complete wreck now, and lets out his anger on almost anyone. The way she describes it is almost scary, but I try not to put that issue on myself.

But sometimes I wonder if these are the consequences of my own actions.

Break the Alpha's heart? Well, he's got a cold one underneath.