Love Me or Leave Me- Peter Parker x reader

"Peter?" You gasped, your eyes widening. "W-what are you doing here?" You asked shakily, stepping back from the door as he stepped in. "I...I had to see you." He whispered. "Peter, no. You don't get to pull this." You whimpered, feeling your eyes fill with tears. "Please, just hear me out. If you never want to see me again I understand." He pleaded, closing the door to your apartment quietly. His heart hurt, seeing you so distraught and upset at the sight of him. You sighed, turning away from him and making your way to your room, Peter tentatively following behind.

Sitting on your bed, your eyes darted everywhere except for where Peter was. He stood in the doorway, unsure of what to do. "I, um, how have you been?" He asked, already knowing the answer from his time watching you as Spider-man. "Seriously Peter? You see me in school, you should know the answer to that." You scoffed. An uncomfortable silence came over the two of you, until you spoke again. "Look, Peter, if you're not gonna say anything, just go." You whispered, still avoiding his gaze. "No! No I have something to say, I just, I don't know how to say it." He said, his eyes trying to meet yours. You sighed, curling into yourself and staring at the floor, wanting nothing more than to disappear.

For the first time that night, you met Peter's nervous gaze, ready to kick him out. "I have to tell you something." He said shakily, clasping his hands together. You stayed silent, allowing him to continue. "You know the big bank robbery that happened?" He asked, making you nod, though not knowing the relevance of it. "I was there. After I went to Germany for the uh, internship Mr. Stark let me keep the suit." Peter was rambling now, wanting nothing more than to tell you the truth. "What the hell are you talking about, Peter?" You cut him off. Peter froze, backtracking mentally only to realize he never told you about Germany or the suit. "Shit. Okay. I can explain that." He started, before getting interrupted by you again. "Look, Peter, if you're just gonna lie and come up with some stupid apology then please leave. I can't do this right now." You whispered.

Peter's heart broke further, his hands going to the pocket of his jack to find the letter he wrote to you in the case he froze up, like he was doing now. "Here. I wrote it right last night. I wanted to give it to you in school but I got nervous." You glanced up at his eyes, seeing nothing but sincerity. Taking the note, Peter sat down, watching you intently as you opened the letter and read his messy handwriting.

Dear Y/N,

I've been thinking about how to write this. I've been trying to talk to you in school but I got so nervous, knowing you were going out of your way to avoid me. I know what I did was unforgivable and I know I broke your heart. I just needed to tell you the truth. A year ago I got bit by a spider. I got these powers, I wasn't sure what to do with them but I managed to keep them under control. I became Spider-man as a way to try and use them for good. 6 months after the spider bite, Mr. Stark recruited me to go to Germany to fight with him. I told you I was going away for the Stark internship. That wasn't a complete lie, I guess. Next, the bank robbery. I was there too, I guess that's what really made me realize what I thought I had to do. I have to protect you from dangers like that and I thought the way to do that was to push you away. I was wrong, sweetheart. So wrong. I love you so much and I'm so so so sorry. For everything. I know that I don't deserve a second chance or your forgiveness. But Y/N, my love, if you did forgive me, I would never ever mess it up again.

Love,

Peter

By the end, you had tears steadily streaming down your face, sobs threatening to escape your lips. "Does anyone else know? That you're....you're Spider-man?" You asked, your voice weak. "Ned. But he found out by accident." Peter swallowed, taking note of your reactions. You nodded, unsure of how to feel. "Y/N?" Peter asked, kneeling in front of you. His voice snapped you out of your thoughts. You met his concerned eyes, while his fingers rubbed circles on your knees. "What're you thinking?" He whispered, scared of the answer. "I don't know." You responded. Peter nodded, his own brown eyes filling with tears. "I-Can you go?" You asked quietly, shutting your eyes. Peter's head shot up, the tears spilling out of his eyes. He opened his mouth to say something, but nothing came out. "I..I just need to think, Pete." You told him, Peter nodding in understanding. He said nothing as he left, both of you left heartbroken again.

Two days passed before you made a decision. It was Friday night, and instead of watching a movie with your family as you had since the breakup, you went to Peter's apartment. Raising your fist to knock, you gulped, the nerves getting the best of you. Taking a deep breath, you knocked three times, hearing May ask Peter to get the door. Hearing his footsteps approach, you contemplated running away. He wouldn't know it was you, right? Before you could try to run, he opened the door, his eyes widening when he saw you. "H-Hey Peter. I, uh, made a decision?" You stammered, ending it more like a question. "Oh. Uh, what is it?" He asked, squeezing his eyes shut as he feared for the worst. "I wanna try us again." You breathed, watching his eyes shoot open and his hands lose the grip on the door. "You lied and you broke my heart, but I forgive you. I really love you, Peter." You mumbled, playing with the hem of your hoodie. Peter pulled you to his chest almost instantly, mumbling apologies and "I love you" into your hair. He pulled away from you when he felt your shoulder beginning to shake. "Hey, hey, what's wrong, love?" He asked, wiping your tears away with his thumbs. "I missed you so much" You whimpered, leaning into his touch. Peter brought you inside, guiding you to his room. "I missed you too, baby. So so much." He said, laying down. You put your bag down, before laying on top of him and cuddling into him. "Did you bring your laptop?" He asked, pressing a kiss to your forehead. You nodded, cuddling yourself further into him. "Up for a movie night?" He asked, making you grin and nod. "Always."