17. My Side Of Town {Part 2}

Start from the beginning

Did she really just dismiss the fuck outta me?

"Jabri let's go! I'm about two seconds away from cranky if you don't feed me." I heard her yell out to me. When I made it to the living room she was literally standing by the door. "What you tryna eat?" I asked. "Pasta, for now." She cheesed as we left out. I waited for her to lock up before we made our way to the elevator. "You're fussing about me but you have on sweats too." Her eyes trailed downward. I smirked. "My shit tucked though, you can't tuck your ass." I was serious but she laughed again. She walked over to me and turned around,
pushing her ass on me. "It's all yours Papi." She winked before walking off while I just shook my head. She was really testing me, but allat shit was gon' change in one minute.

"Why are we heading toward the subway?" Her whole demeanor changed as she stopped her strut

"Why are we heading toward the subway?" Her whole demeanor changed as she stopped her strut. I laughed and stopped to face her. "Cus' this how we getting around tonight." I chuckled a bit as I watched the many faces of Rai' brat ass. "What, you too good for the train?" I teased as we walked down the stairs. Like usual, it was packed with mad people but luckily I was used to it so I knew how to maneuver through the shit.

Grabbing her hand, I led her through the crowd of people until we got to the back of the train. It was mad school kids and people who looked like they were either on their way to work, or leaving. People were always out in New York, they never stopped fucking moving. "It's crowded on here." Rai' spoke what I was thinking. "It's a seat right here, you wanna sit down?" I moved aside to offer her the seat that was next to me. She balled up her face and shook her head 'no'. I chuckled and sat down before pulling her down in my lap.

"You never been on the train before?" I could tell but I asked anyway. "No. I never had to catch the train. I'm not looking down on people who do either, I'm just not used to all this." She explained. "I already don't like people, now I'm surrounded by them." She rolled her eyes. "I'on like people either but I'm used to being around mad niggas." I told her. "I ain't have the luxury of getting a ride everywhere, had to walk and catch trains." I didn't have a problem with it.

"Since we on my side of town today, I figured I could show you where I grew up. Show you my hood, get you outta Disney World for a minute." We shared a laugh. "Disney World, really?" She rolled her eyes playfully. "Yeah, you got a perfect life. You don't come from humble beginnings like me. I like that you don't hold that over my head too, forreal. You know what you got but you don't flaunt it. Being in the trenches makes you uncomfortable." I further explained to her. "It doesn't make me uncomfortable, I'm fine." She smiled at me. "You look uncomfortable." I chuckled. "It's too many people on here and I can't sit on you like I want to." She moved in my lap a little. "Oh you tryna sit on a nigga?" I smirked. "My favorite position." She cheesed sneakily as I caught her eye. "You on one today huh? You staying with me tonight." I tapped her thigh so that she could stand up.

"Oh I am?" Her tone was sarcastic. "You is." I told her. "You are." She corrected me as we got off at our stop. "Now you the grammar police?" I sucked my teeth. "Now you mad?" She shot back at me making me palm her ass hard. "JABRI!" She screeched as she held her ass, moving away from me. "Keep playing with me, yo." I checked our surroundings. We had to walk a couple blocks to get to the restaurant we were going to for pasta. "Welcome to my side of town, you Juice shorty today." I smiled at her as she walked ahead. "You don't even know where we going." I said. She was still holding her ass too as I walked up to her.