Chapter 29 : Saying Goodbye (Third Person POV)

"Wake up."

"Zane? Wake up, it's time to get out of bed." Nana shook his arm vigorously as she tried to wake up her groggy boyfriend. 

He sighed, rising up from the bed. He looked at her and noticed the dark rings that hung below her eyes. 

"Nana, what's wrong..? Did you not get enough sleep? Was I snoring or something?" He panicked. "Wait no, that must have been Garroth or something..."

She giggled and shook her head in reply. But despite this, she still didn't explain why she wore bags underneath her eyes. 

"Nana.." He whimpered. A worried frown appeared on his face as he rested his hand onto her shoulder.

"Zane, please. I'm fine. Just getting over having a tough time as of lately. Especially with Damien and all.."

Zane nodded, but still felt as if something was wrong. She doesn't normally act like this. If anything, she would be excited to go home to MyStreet after being at Starlight for so long.

"Wait." He said, holding onto her wrist as she began to stand up. "Stay with me for a bit."

"But Zane, you know I can't. I have to finish packing the last of my things, and I-"

"That can wait! I just want to be with you right now."

"Zane..." She sighed, but reluctantly gave in. He pulled her into bed with him with the both of them giggling. Placing a kiss onto her forehead, they snuggled close and drifted off into sleep. 

. . .

Zane's eyes slowly fluttered open to the sounds of sniffling from underneath him. 

He looked down to see Nana crying into his shirt. He hugged her tighter and nuzzled his chin into the top of her head.

"Nana..." He whispered, her cries silencing into sniffles. "Don't cry.."

"I'm sorry." She sniveled as more tears spilled into his grey shirt. He cradled her in his arms and tried to understand what was going on.

She seemed upset earlier that day, but now she can't even mutter a sentence back to him. He calmly whispered sweet nothings to the crying Mei'fwa. 

"Zane..." She whispered before further digging her head into his shirt. "I'm so sorry for what I said."

"Huh..?"

"I just hope you know what."