Chapter 24 : Sleepover Mayhem (Third Person POV)

Nana had put her arm around Zane as she let Zane lead her downstairs. She originally wanted to just go by herself, but Zane just was not having it. He was acting like a mother teaching her child how to walk.

"Lucinda, you can't be serious! Are you sure we should go through with this?"

Aphmau looked at Lucinda with worry, occasionally glancing at Damien who was tied up and knocked out on the couch.

Nana didn't feel a single pinch of concern or remorse for him. She only gave an empty stare in his direction.

"I have to agree with Aph in this case. With everything going on, are you sure we should do this Lucinda?"

Aaron scratched the back of his head, looking off to the side at Damien as well. His other hand sat in the pocket of his pants as he wore a nervous expression.

"We should! We need to destress, and I think this is the perfect way to. We'll deal with Damien later."

Aphmau gasped in shock, eyebrows furrowed in disturbance as a reaction to Lucinda's decision. But before she could say anything, Nana's foot had creaked on the wooden steps of the stairs.

The three looked back, noticing them as Zane still by her side, ready to catch her if she fell at any point. 

"Aww! You guys are so cute!" Aphmau cooed. 

Lucinda facepalmed while shaking her head as Aaron laughed in the background. 

"Hey Aphmau." Nana squeaked, flashing a smile in her direction. Her voice was calm and clear contrary to before. 

"See? She's doing alright. I think we should go through with the sleepover." Lucinda flicked her long pumpkin orange hair in a sassy fashion. 

"Are you-"

"Sleepover!?" Nana gasped, her eyes lighting up in joy. Zane had let her go at this point since she seemed stable enough. 

"See Aphmau? Anyways, Kawaii~Chan, we were planning a sleepover before you had come back. I had invited some friends over so we can have some fun since we're going back home soon."

"I love it! Aah- I'm going to go make some sweets!" Nana rushed to the kitchen as Zane sighed. 

"At least Nana's back to her normal self again.." He mumbled.

"What was that Zane?" Aphmau asked, a cheeky grin plastered onto her face. "Was that a pet name I heard?"

"Augh! No, it wasn't! How could you even hear me?" 

"I hear everything." Aphmau said in a creepy tone; but Aaron had ruined the vibe subsequently.

"It was quiet enough to hear what you said. At least for me." Aaron twitched his ears, making them wiggle adorably.

"Fluffy!" Aphmau hopped up and down while trying to touch his fluffy and soft werewolf ears. Unfortunately, her height proved to make this difficult. 

"Aheheh! You're too short to touch these." He wiggled his ears tauntingly. "I thought you already knew this, you stupid potato."

A squeal could be heard from the kitchen as Kawaii~Chan's head had popped around the corner as she intensely stared at her ship. 

Lucinda laughed as Kim popped her head into the large living room area. She walked over to the group as she stood next to Lucinda.

"What is going on here?" She asked. Aphmau told her the news as she shrugged nonchalantly.