Chapter 20 : I'm Not Your "Honey" (Kawaii~Chan's POV)

"Ugh..

"Where am I..?"

I looked around my surroundings, but I couldn't get out of bed. All I could see was a white ceiling where the edges of where light pink walls met up with the ceiling. 

But right above me were pink silky petals that individually dangled by a string, hung up in a way that looked beautiful, really.

I would get it myself, to be honest.

The bed itself was quite comfortable, considering it wasn't my own. The sheets were made with some sort of fur on the top, which was the softest sheet I have ever felt. The pillows were fluffed up as the pillow covers were almost as soft. 

Everything was still pink. And if not pink, it was white or a light yellow or gold.

My clothes didn't feel like the ones from before. I know these weren't the ones I was wearing before, but I couldn't see what there there were. 

I attempted to move my hand, and it worked! Kinda. I was slowly regaining my strength as I tried to sit up, at least. But then was startled when the door knob rattled. 

I heard the door creak open.

I turned my head; with great effort; to see who was coming inside the bedroom.

To my horror, Damien poked his head out through the industrial white door, hand still on the golden doorknob. He looked at me, smiling at me in delight as I twisted my face into a look of disgust.

I wanted to slap that cheeky grin off his stupid face. 

Damien waltzed over to me and sat on the side of the bed facing the door. Now with my head turned, I noticed a poster on the wall. 

It had Kawaii~Cookie on it.

I tried to not make a big deal out of it as I just stared, shocked above all else. He chuckled as me stared at me while I was lost in thought. 

"Aww, look at you! You're look so cute, laying on the bed like that." He cooed, placing a hand closer in my direction. 

I mustered up the strength to sit up on the bed, but was still extremely tired.

"Are you alright honey? You had such a bad reaction to those flowers! I got the paramedics to come and help you out!" He continued, poking my nose playfully with his index finger.

I gave him a disgusted look. I don't want his nasty, diabolical hands ever touching me. I could see right through his awful lies.

"Aw, babe! Don't be like that! You'll get your strength back soon. But it looks like you're getting some of it back already."

I looked him dead in the eye and asked "What happened to my clothes?". His face lit up as he beamed at me.

Weird.

"I had to change you out of your clothes into something more suitable-"

"What!?" I boomed as I hastily got up, only to have a massive headache, causing me to sit back down. 

"Don't worry! I didn't see anything that you weren't comfortable with me seeing. Pinky-promise!" He said, sticking out his pinky. 

I did not trust that one bit. But this one sounded more honest, in a sense. I kinda trusted him with that, but was still a little skeptical. 

"It was really hard not to peak. But I'm a good man, I stick to my morals!" Damien blushed slightly, scratching the back of his head.

"Where's Zane? I want to leave." I said slowly. He gave me this confused and angry look. The kind of look my mother would give me before she began to rant on about how I shouldn't have done something. 

"Isn't he a big jerk or something? Why would you even consider wanting to see him?" He asked, puzzled. 

I stayed silent, replying with a mere "Nevermind". I feared that if I told him about me and Zane, he would target him too, like he did with me. 

"Do you want anything? I can get it for you." 

I told him I wanted to just walk around the house. He complied and allowed me to leave the room as he followed suit. Only this time, he went off into the kitchen. 

As I looked around, I became more and more disturbed. 

Pictures of me and him were hung on the wall. From selfies to a few photos we posed for for memories sake. We thought we would be together forever, but that obviously wasn't the case.

I saw how happy we were together, but everything looks so artificial. You can see the fake smiles in the selfies and how we tried so hard to find love and compassion in each other. 

But the truth of the matter is that we just weren't happy. 

Then when A-Con rolled around, we realized that we just weren't meant to be. We hated our differences and it eventually leaded to us breaking up. 

And although I always felt as if these feelings were always fake from the start, I still felt heartbroken when we broke up. 

I cried and cried, to the point where I just wanted to go home. I didn't want to have to see his face when we were still agitated by the argument. Granted, I still thought he was a great guy, but I never felt the true meaning of what it's like to be in love. 

And I found that with Zane.

It took a while to get through that thick, tough exterior that he puts himself in. He was afraid that people would hurt him again like they had before.

He wasn't perfect, but neither was I. That's what I love so much about him.

Zane isn't the perfect boyfriend that every girl aspires to have. I wanted the perfect relationship that Aaron and Aphmau have, and I used Damien to try and achieve that.

All I got a superficial relationship in the end. But when I got with Zane,everything began to feel organic. 

I felt the love that I was never able to feel when I was with Damien. And I was starting to miss that love. 

I was staring at a selfie we took while I was zoning out. He placed his hands on me once again, making me jump in fright. 

He chuckled. 

"C'mon! Food is ready."

He took my hand as he lead me to the dining area to enjoy our meal.

Oh Irene, help me. 

. . . .