Chapter 28 : Outbreak (Third Person POV)

"We need to talk."

"Zane, there's nothing to talk about! You should already know what's wrong." She cried, attempting to pry her arm out of his grasp again. 

"No! Nana, I-" He sighed. "I don't understand why you're so emotional right now. Yeah, Damien's an asshole, but still talk to me Nana."

She sniffled, wiping her tears away with her palm. Nana couldn't look him in the eye out of her own embarrassment.  She couldn't understand why she couldn't put her thoughts into words. 

"You've done this before, haven't you Nana? Why is it so hard now?" She thought. "You don't want to hurt him again, do you?"

"Nana! Please, say something to me!" Zane cried. "You're scaring me..."

"I'm sorry..." She began. "I was just thinking about stuff, and I-"

"Shh. I'm sorry if I pressured you. But you know how I am. I get like this over the silliest things." He looked over to the bed, the moonlight illuminating streaks of its glow onto the sheets. "How about we just go and lay down. Maybe take a nap or something?"

Nana sniffed again, nodding as the two cuddled close onto the bed. 

. . .

"Lucinda, what did you do!?"

"Can you guys chill out!? I knocked him out so he could finally shut up." She spat, lowering the witch's staff she held in her hand.

"Can't you see what he was doing?! A single word more that came out of his mouth could have provoked Aaron even more!"

Aaron stood in the corner of the room, avoiding all eye contact with everyone. His wine-red Ultima eyes glowed with a burning flame. 

That untamed and deadly power is what made him feared. None of his friends could get close to him as they feared to be turned accidentally. 

"Aphmau, I think you should back away. And give him some space." Garroth said calmly, but a hint of fear could be heard in his voice.

"But I love him! And I can help him. Please, Garroth. Just let me handle this." She pushed him aside and reached out for Aaron. 

"Aaron..." Aphmau spoke in a calm and soothing tone as silence fell among everyone in the room. "Listen to my voice. Please, try to calm down."

Aaron didn't respond, but no longer held onto his head. He closed his eyes and let out a sigh. 

"I... need some time. To recollect myself. I don't want to be in the same room as Damien right now." He said as he walked off. 

Aphmau would have stopped him, but thought it was best to let him go.