Chapter 27 : Decisions (Nana's POV)

. . . .

"What to choose?"

"Nana." Zane spoke tenderly, catching my attention. "What are looking for?"

"A potential Halloween costume for when we come back to MyStreet after Starlight! I don't want to get all stressed over it when we come back when I want to relax after-"

"Vacation?" He chuckled. "But I can understand why. I'll maybe go for something simple this year."

I gasped aloud excitedly. "What if I make you one!?" 

"Good luck. I'm the pickiest and most stubborn person ever. You'll probably go through tens of them before I finally agree on one." 

"Aww, c'mon! Don't be like that!" I swatted my hand. "I'm sure I'll find you one. And maybe you'll help me find one among all of the ideas I have for this year."

"I have an idea." He said. A mischievous smirk was plastered on his face as he sat at the edge of my bed. One of Zane's elbows rested on his knee as his head was supported with his hand cupping his cheek. 

I like it when he does things like that. It makes Zane look cuter than he already is. 

"I think you should go as Nana.

I froze, dropping the lily white dress I had in hand. I was not expecting that at all. 

"I think it would be cute for you to act like your real self for a bit during Halloween."

He swirled circles in the scrunched-up sheets on my bed mindlessly. He looked down at the movement of his thin, pale finger as he made new patterns in the covers. 

"I-I..." I stuttered. "I'm not sure. I think not one of our friends would understand if I explained it to them. Like, what if they're interested in wanting to know what I am if I did dress up as me?" 

"Then I think they deserve to know to know about you, Nana." He said, standing up and taking my hands. 

Our fingers intertwined as I stayed silent. 

I bit my lip, looking down at mine -- erm.. our  feet.

"I'm not sure if I'm ready for that Zane." 

"Well, then, that's fine! As a.. boyfriend, I'm here to support you! Sorry, it's taking a little while for me to be accustomed to being called that." He laughed nervously, scratching the back of his head. 

"I will one day. When the time is right."

"Promise me?"

"Promise."

. . . .

"So what is it, Kawaii~Chan?"

All eyes were laid on me. 

I froze. I couldn't think of anything to say or do. 

I felt pressured to say something to prove myself at least. But choosing whether to lie or be honest was the hardest decisions I've ever made. 

"I-"

"I don't think she needs to explain herself, Damien. In fact, I don't see why she had to explain anything to you when you're the one who left her based on dumb opinions." Aphmau stood up. 

"No! Don't change the subject! I-"

"How about you leave her alone? Don't you know how disrespectful it is to say that about someone's name?" Zane spat. 

I stood up, causing everyone to stop. I walked away, retreating to the loft bedroom. 

I wanted this all to end. 

I hated all of this...

And it's all my fault...

My eyes began to water as I whined. I wiped the tears away, trying not to attract attention. 

But of course, I heard the door open. 

I turned around to see Zane at the doorway. I could tell it was him, since his shadow is unique. The light from the hallway hitting from behind him. 

I stared out of the window, the sunset creating a beautiful gradient in the sky. It was getting late, so the room was becoming darker and darker. 

Footsteps could be heard approaching me as I turned around, Zane's figure standing in front of me. I began to tear up once again, embracing him in a hug. 

He hugged me tightly  and rested his head on top of mine. 

"I'm sorry.." I whimpered, pushing my face deeper into his chest. "I know I said I promised you. But I couldn't bring myself to do it.."

"You don't have to be sorry for anything. I know how hard this may be for you." He raked a hand through my hair, sometimes grazing the base of my ears. 

It was silent after he said that. We stood there, not saying a word to each other, but enjoying the presence of each other. 

That was, until we heard a thud from downstairs. Screams followed, as I could hear everyone shouting. I have no idea what they said, but I knew it was no good. 

Then it all stopped. 

I turned to him, having myself break apart from him once I heard the commotion. 

I could sense that he looked back at me, probably just as concerned if anything. 

I went to go open the door, but Zane's hand pulled me back. I turned around to face him again, his hand still wrapped around my wrist. 

"Nana, don't go."

"We need to talk."

. . . . 

Ooof. They're is nothing scarier than the "We need to talk". @_@

But anyways, happy Halloween! My family didn't really celebrate it this year, but if you did, than hope you had fun! 

There were a lot of trick-or-treaters this year in my town, which was nice to see actually. I thought most of them would be staying inside like me. xD

But maybe next year, I'll try to participate or something. Who knows. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Hope you guys enjoyed this and I'll see you next time! Bye! <3