three; three strikes, you're out

Start from the beginning

"what do you mean?" i asked.

"back in america, there's this new 'three strikes, you're out' law. too many supernatural creatures were revealing themselves and they were close to hurting loved ones who just wanted to help them. i'm on my second strike." he told me, i could sense he was getting stressed and angry.

"if i get a third strike, the government who deals with us takes us in, and splits us apart."

"what does that mean, ethan?"

he sighed, "it means they split the human and wolf or whatever apart. then, they decided if you deserve to live as a human. if you don't, you're stuck on all fours forever."

i was shocked, i couldn't take it all in. "why are you on your second strike?"

"it doesn't matter. all that matters is that if i'm with you, i'm safe." he smiled. "can we start our lives again?"

i laughed, "what do you mean?"

"i want to live my life with you. we're not teenagers anymore, we have our lives to live. we can just start over." he explained to me.

i sat on a bench and ethan sat next to me, i held his hands, "i- i don't think i'm ready. i feel like you're in danger." i told him.

"never. i know it makes you nervous, but i promise you, it's worth it. even if you did go 'savage' on me, i'm sure i could save myself." ethan laughed.

"let's go for a run." he said.

"but your strikes?"

"it's like 2am, selena. i'm sure no one will see me." he smirked, made his eyes glow red.

i remember his eyes always being red, they hadn't changed a bit. the only difference was that they felt more intimating.

his position as alpha changed, sure he's always been one, his whole family are alphas! but i could sense stress.

the pressure must be hard on him.

"fine. only for a little bit and i'm not leaving the park." i told him.

i hadn't shifted for months, years! it was like i forgot how to.

ethan shifted and looked at me as if to say hurry up, "i'm sorry! i don't remember how!"

he shifted back and chuckled, "you know it a full moon right?"

"yes i know! but i only shift if i'm in the moonlight, it's not the same anymore." i told him.

"then let's go to moonlight then." he grabbed my hand and dragged me to a bit of the park that had no trees so moonlight was unavoidable.

i sighed, "are you sure this is a good idea? what if i can't shift back?"

"then we will wait in your car or apartment until you do." he said.

he pushed me into the moonlight, i hated him for it.

i hated force shifting, it's painful and just the worst.

it feels like every bone breaking and then multiply that by ten, everything changes.

it took me a good couple minutes to shift but once i did i felt tired.

i felt drained.

i also felt very, very small. meant to look intimidating, but my size makes me look like a child.

ethan sat on the grass and just stared at me. all i can do to talk to him is tilt my head or something.

"you haven't changed at all." he smiled.  "still not intimidating."

i rolled my eyes and pushed his over with my front legs.

"ow! what was that for?" he shouted.

i gave him a 'you know why look' because he knew why i was annoyed, he wouldn't shift!

all this effort! and for what?

"fine!" he shouted. he stood up and shifted.

he was so big and tall, but covered in scars. his back legs legs were missing some fur and had large cuts, he wasn't okay.

but he was with me and he tried to hide it, but i always find out secrets.

HEY FAM!! vote and comment!

also jack is having a character change because i want him to.

say hello!