"Trust me, I was as surprised as you. Whether she will go is a different story." Marcus agreed as her father knocked on the door and they waited for Jade to open. It took a while, but Jade wheeled herself over to the door and smiled when she saw it was her father. It was a forced smile, but at least she smiled. She thought to herself, however, that fake smile fell when she saw Marcus standing next to her father.

So instead of acknowledging he was there she turned to her father and gave him a fake smile again.

"I'm ready when you are." She said, and Marcus couldn't help but noticed the dark circles under her eyes from lack of sleep and the redness in her eyes showing she had been crying. He wanted to ask if she was okay, but the venom in her look whenever she glanced his way told him to keep his mouth shut.

"Sure, let's go." Marcus watched as Jade left and went back into his house without saying a word to Jade.

"So, what the go with you and Marcus." Her father asked once they entered the lift.

"Nothing Dad." Jade looked in her lap and yawned. She got hardly any sleep last night and was up early in the morning and wanted to do nothing more than lay in bed and sleep.

"Okay. How are you doing?" The elevator dinged showing they had reached the bottom floor. Jade didn't know how to respond so she just shrugged her shoulders. She was a mess everything felt so out of whack and nothing in her life felt natural anymore. She felt like she was drowning and there was no one to save her, but herself.

"How are Nicole and the kids?" She asked trying to change the subject.

"They are good Emily misses you and Jamie is turning into a handsome little fella. You should come over for dinner. We all miss you, Jade." He wanted to say it felt like their third chance to be in Jade's life after almost losing her twice, but he kept that thought to himself.

"Maybe." She said as her father helped her into the car and they drove off to her appointment.

***

"Okay, Jade you are doing great." She had been told for the hundredth time even though she was still staring at the glass of water before her trying to remember how to pour a cup. They had shown her many times, but still, her stupid fucking brain couldn't process it.

"You don't need to fucking tell me again." She snapped at Jane her occupational therapist. She wanted to leave, her brain was already so tired, and it was pointless. They started off with some stretches for her legs before playing some brain games to get her mind working. Other than that she had sat in front of the glass for water for the last 20 minutes.

"It's okay to be frustrated, these things take time. One day your brain will click together like a puzzle and it will all make sense. Until then we need to work on you adjusting to everyday life with your new circumstances." Jade decided she didn't like Jane. The young OT was too happy and bubbly, it was nauseating to listen to her upbeat voice and preppy attitude as she instructed her through her exercise. She knew this would not work if she had to listen to preppy Jane almost every day.

"Fuck it I'm done." She said and pushed herself away from the table. She looked and joyful Jane and saw she was still smiling.

"It's okay Jade, let us try a different exercise." Jane walked away and Jade just shook her head.

"No, I am done with you and I am done or the day." Jane stopped in her tracks and turned around with a smile still on her stupid face.

"That's okay we can try again tomorrow." She smiled at Jade and went to grab the handles of her wheelchair and Jade just snapped.