I realized that I made the wrong decision.

I shouldn't have been so mean, I could have said it nicer. I shouldn't have put my job before her, she should be in my arms right now. I shouldn't have broke it off with her, our love was too rare to waste.

I hated the fact that I was the guy who made her cry, when I only wanted to protect her from other guys that made her cry. I hated the fact that I ruined everything, just when things were going so great. Most of all, I hated the fact that she would now look at me as the guy who broke her heart into a million little pieces. 

I decided that I would explain everything to her the next day at school, I didn't care if we got caught because quite frankly, I couldn't give a shit. I loved this girl, and I was willing to fight with all my being to have her back.

** FOUR DAYS LATER-

It was Friday, and I hadn't seen Kenzie since Monday. I was literally having withdrawal symptoms- I could barely sleep, eat, or function for that matter. I didn't know if she was just skipping my class, or skipping school altogether, but her perfect figure hasn't been in my gaze and I despised it. I couldn't stand it anymore, I had to see her.

I still had fifteen minutes before school started, so I slipped out of my class to search for the girl that I love. I was about to turn left to go down the next hallway, when I heard a familiar voice.

"So yesterday I went to Kenzie's house to see how she was feeling.", the girl who was in my history class said. This was the same girl that constantly talked and sat next to Mackenzie.

"How was she?", an unknown male voice replied.

"She was horrible, Carter, she looked like she hadn't eaten or gotten out of bed for days. But that's not the worst part.", she paused, letting it sink in to whoever she was talking to.

I felt myself tense up, scared to hear what was coming next.

"She had cuts all over her arms."

I felt my stomach drop, horrified that I was the reason she was self-harming.

"I thought she stopped cutting in eighth grade?", the masculine voice asked.

"So did I. I tried to cheer her up, I told her that he wasn't worth her tears, that she was better than him. That only made her angry. She kicked me out of her freaking house, Carter. She stood up for the guy that caused her so much pain."

"Are you sure you did the right thing, Kenni?"

"I don't know, I am starting to regret it. When she told me that she loved him, I thought that he was just going to break her heart, I couldn't stand to watch her get hurt. It was so hard watching my best friend forget about me for someone else. I thought that if their relationship ended, our friendship would be mended back to normal, but it is just getting worse. I wouldn't have told the office if I knew how important he was to her."

I suddenly felt sick. I felt like I was going to puke. I needed to get out of there.

I quickly went to the office, telling them that I was taking a sick day. I ran to my car, revving the engine, and sped back to my apartment.

When I got in my home, I walked over to the couch, not bothering to turn on a light. I sat there, staring at the wall, for what seemed like hours.

I had so much anger, and guilt, and hatred for myself built up inside my body.

How could I have been so selfish? How could I have put myself before my love? How could I have been so cruel?

I looked down at my hands, which were balled up into fists. My knuckles were white, my veins stuck out. So much emotion flowed through my body, I couldn't control it.

I felt like a monster, causing so much pain on the sweetest girl I had ever met. I shuddered, imagining my beautiful Kenzie, doing those horrific things to her body. Why, why did I have to be such a horrible person? Why did I have to be blessed with such an amazing person in my life, when all I would do was screw it up.

Why was I living, when the only thing I lived for was not mine any longer?

That moment, I made a promise to myself.

A promise that I would get back Mackenzie, and never let her go again. 

____________________

**SORRY IT IS SO SHORT! okay, my readers are too smart. you all saw it coming. what do you think is going to happen? how do you like it so far?

while you are waiting for my update, sit back, relax, and check out my FINISHED harry styles fanfic, "The Step Brother".

Hello to my british friend, Ella Moor.

Hello to my best friend, Kenni Kennith Kennedi.

Hello to my beautiful reader, *insert your name here*.

tweet me, i'll follow you! @alylovess1d

kik me! alyloves1direction

fan for updates!

vote?

I LOVE YOU ALL, YOU AMAZINGLY BEAUITFUL HUMAN BEINGS. XX**