Guilty

The plan was going well.
Cheryl was out.
Learned the Serpent laws.
Did the dance with perfection, got damning evidence on Penelope and got her tattoo. All in 24 hours.
They consulted a woman they had no right consulting and Josie testified on her behalf, all to get her to go free.
But on the final day of trial, the judge disregarded all that.
"On the count of Arson, I find the defendant Cheryl Marjorie Blossom...Guilty!"
"What?!" Toni demanded.
"Shh shh. Toni, it's okay." Cheryl cried.
"On the count of Stalking...Guilty." She continued. "The threat made against Penelope Blossom was rendered inadmissible in court and was thrown out."
"Well that's just bull s__"
"Order!" The judge hit her gavel.
"Free Cheryl and take Penelope! She's the one who ran a brothel!" Nana Rose yelled. The judge pounded her gavel several times again and demanded order before continuing.
"Now, you have the option of waiting until Monday to be carted off to the Riverdale Women's Correctional Facility or you can rip the bandaid off and go right now." The judge said.
"Monday! Please." Cheryl said too eagerly. The judge accepted and court was dismissed. There were hoards of reporters with their flashing cameras and million questions but Betty and Cheryl's gang shielded her. They found refuge in Pop's.
"This cannot be happening! We did everything!" Toni yelled.
"It's okay, Titi. We tried." Cheryl said.
"I'm sorry, Cheryl. My dumb idea didn't even work." Fangs said sadly.
"It didn't but we didn't have to go along with it. It was good plan." Jughead said and pat his back.
"I say we still try to fight this."  Betty said. Cheryl touched her hand.
"Thank you, Betty. Thank all of you for trying. You're so sweet but it's over. I don't want to think about it anymore. I just want to spend my last three days with you guys." Cheryl said. Toni was about to say something. "It's what I want."
"You know I can't say no to you."
Cheryl chuckled and her friends granted her request.
The last three days were spent in fun and survival tips.
Then it was time to go. The prison bus picked Cheryl outside of her house and Toni and the Serpents followed it all the way to the prison where Choni had a tearful farewell.
Toni waited until they all got back to the Whyte Wyrm to unleash all the rage that was built up. There were tears and a litany of swear words.
"So we're still fighting this, right?" Jughead asked once she'd calmed down.
"Obviously."