Meeting Josie

It's Sunday. Toni thought she would get an uninterrupted sleep...nope.
"Toni...wake up sleepyhead."
Cheryl said softly. Toni cracked open her eyes to see Cheryl hovering over her. Startling her and making her swing on instinct. Cheryl caught her fist. Smiling. "Hi."KO
"...Hi...what are you doing?"
Toni asked tiredly.
"Waking you, silly." Cheryl said and sat next to Toni.
"At 6:30 in the morning?" Toni croaked. "How did you even get in?"
"I picked the lock. How else?" Cheryl asked sarcastically.
"Of course. Silly me." Toni replied.
"So come on. I have to get you ready for your date with my recently reconnected bff."
Cheryl said excitedly.
"It's not a date. It's a meeting. Calm down." Toni said and rolled her eyes.
"I can't. I'm nervous." Cheryl said.
"Why are you nervous?" Toni asked.
"I don't know. I just really want my two favorite people to like each other." Cheryl said shyly.
"Oh! You're so cute." Toni said and hugged her. Surprising her. "I'm sure we'll like each other just fine. Even if I don't, I'll pretend. Just for you."
"Really? That means so much to me.
Thank you so much." Cheryl said.
"Anything for you. So don't worry your pretty red curls about a thing.
It'll be great. Now let me go back to sleep." Toni said. Cheryl laughed.
"Okay. Sorry for waking you. Call me later." Cheryl said softly and exited.
"The hot ones are always head cases." Toni said to herself before turning to get back to previously interrupted sleep.

Toni got up around noon, showered and Cheryl took her shopping for date clothes. Clothes for a friendly meeting at 5:00.

5:00 rolled around and Cheryl stood outside Pop's giving her the rundown for the fourth time.
"She'll beb in the corner booth to the left. Don't bring up her mom's career. No politics. Sit up straight. Don't chew with your mouth opened. And don't be rude__"
"Cheryl!" Toni groaned.
"Sorry. Good luck. You look pretty. Go get her!" Cheryl gave her a gentle push and Toni looked back, rolling her eyes before walking in.
Cheryl watched from outside for a while before giving them space and going home.
"Josie McCoy?" Toni asked. She looked up from her rootbeer float.
"You must Toni Topaz then. You're pretty." Josie said.
"Same." Toni said. Looking her up and down thoroughly.
"Sit." Josie said gesturing the seat in front of her.
"Don't tell me what to do." Toni said but sat anyway.
"Right...shall we begin?"

Two hours later.

"Let me call this girl before she suffocates." Toni said.
"I assume you mean me." Cheryl said from a brown suade couch.
"Cher...you know that's creepy, right?" Toni asked semi-sarcastically.
"Really? Oh. Sorry." Cheryl said shyly.
"It's okay. Break in again?" Toni asked.
"Actually your uncle gave me a key. Said if I'm going to be screwing his niece I may as well let myself in. Isn't that weird? Anyway, how was the date?" Cheryl asked.
"The non-date was really good. I like her. She's pretty and feisty and driven. I wouldn't be embarrassed to be seen with her in public." Toni said.
"Yay! I was worried for nothing. Wait, she likes you too, right?" Cheryl asked.
"Looked like it. Yeah. We hit it off good." Toni said. Cheryl hugged her.
"Double yay! So proud of you." Cheryl said happily and gave Toni a quick peck on the lips that turned into an embarrassed eye lock, turning into a tighter hold and a softer, lingering kiss. After coming up for air, it took  ten seconds for her to realize what she did. "Toni...I'm so sorry. I..." With that, Cheryl hopped in her car and sped home. Not listening to Toni's pleas for her to come back or giving her a chance to talk to her.