On The Mend

So after deciding that her possibly being in love with Toni was all in her head, Cheryl went about the next two weeks as normal. Talking to her, planning a trip to Cabo for the summer...she even willingly hung out with the Serpents.
Then the strangest thing happened.

"All that studying for that ridiculous Biology test was a waste." Cheryl said.
"You failed?" Toni asked sadly.
"No. I Aced it. A+. I finished in 4 minutes. I was frankly bored." Cheryl said. Making Toni laugh.
"How do you fit your ego in the door in the morning?" Toni teased.
"I don't have an ego. Just no one here is on my level." Cheryl said casually.
"Whatever you say, bombshell." Toni laughed. Cheryl did too. "Since you don't need it because you're just that smart. Can I borrow your biology book sometime? We don't have anything like that over here. It's just hand downs and the covers are falling off, words are faded, pages are missing..." Toni said.
"That's so sad. Of course you can. Borrow all the books you want. Can I do anything else for you?" Cheryl asked. She meant it.
"You can fix the girls bathroom." Toni said sarcastically.
"What happened to the girls bathroom?" Cheryl asked.
"I didn't know it was possible but some girl clogged one toilet so bad there was a pressure build up and it blew out the pipes for the rest of the bathroom. The plumbing is done for." Toni explained.
"Is it one of those jokes I don't get?" Cheryl asked.
"I wish it was. We've been subjected to using the boy's bathroom."
Toni said.
"Gross. Hold on, TeeTee. Yes?"
Cheryl addressed Josie who wanted a moment of her time.
"How have you been, Cheryl?"
Josie asked.
"Cher. That was the bell. I gotta go. Call me later?" Toni asked.
"Promise. Good luck in class. Make me proud." Cheryl said and ended the call with a kiss. "Sorry. I'm really good, actually. Do you need something?"
"To talk. But not here. Meet me at Pop's tonight at 8:00? My treat?" Josie asked. Cheryl smiled.
"Sure. I'll be there." Cheryl said and walked away. Intrigued.

Naturally she called Toni as soon as school was out. Telling her what happened. Toni wanted all the details when she got back.

While Toni was at work, Cheryl was having dinner with Josie.
"Thanks." Cheryl said and took her burger and fries from the waiter.
"Thank you." Josie did the same.
"So are we gonna talk?" Cheryl asked.
"I'm sorry for how I treated you." Josie apologized.
"I get it. I was wrong. I had no right to do what I did. I made you feel unsafe and uncomfortable. I'm sorry." Cheryl apologized too.
"I was so mean to you! Yeah, you did stalk me and it was weird but I was a frigid bitch. I didn't know what to do. I was scared." Josie explained.
"Don't even worry about it. I deserved it. I was super inappropriate. After what you did for me, I was so grateful I mistook it for love. I have problems processing my emotions in a...healthy way. I had no right to__"
"I had no right! As creepy as you were, I still treated you like dog crap when I should have just talked it out.
I hate you ignoring me. I know it's what I wanted but I miss my friend." Josie said. Cheryl hugged her.
"I missed you too!" Cheryl cried.
"We have so much to catch up on. Let's start with this mystery guy, Toni that's taken up so much of your time and has you smiling." Josie teased.
"Toni isn't a guy. She's a...girl." Cheryl said and bit her fry.
"Oh...So tell me about her." Josie said.
"Well...her name is actually Antoinette but everyone calls her Toni because it's cooler. She's a Serpent but__"
"Back up. As in the South Side Serpents? You're dating a gang member?" Josie asked biting into her burger. Shocked and excited.
"We're not dating. I don't think. Huh...No. Definitely not. We're friends. I would know if we were.
Anyway, she's super pretty and smart and fun. You'd love her. And she's the sweetest. She doesn't mind that I'm a crazy person. Also she__"
Big mistake, Josie. Big mistake.

Cheryl got home after rinsing out Josie's ears, popping in to say good night to her grandmother and Penelope before taking a shower.
Promptly calling Toni right after.
"Me. Back." Cheryl said as she tried to put on clothes.
"How'd it go?" Toni asked.
"It was nice. It was basically a lot of crying and apologizing to each other. She wanted to know about you. Even thought we were dating. Anyway__"
Glossing over the fact that she said that completely. "She wants to meet you. Officially."
"Why?" Toni asked surprised.
"Something about wanting to meet the girl that made me a better person." Cheryl explained.
"Really? I guess it's cool." Toni said.
"You're cool." Cheryl said warmly making Toni blush. She switched the focus on how the rest of Toni's night went and they talked until Cheryl fell asleep.