I Got A Hangover

11:00 AM. The morning after Cheryl's drunken night.
Her eyes cracked open and all she could see was carpet. Cheryl woke up on the floor, Covered with a blanket.
"Well hey there, gorgeous." Toni said smiling down at her.
"Toni? What happened? And why am I on the floor?" Cheryl asked.
"You got trashed at the Whyte Wyrm last night. Jughead and Sweetpea called. I picked you up. Threw up in my uncles car. Took you inside. Laid you on the couch...It was a long night. And that's not even half of what happened." Toni laughed.
"There's worse? Because that sounds really bad." Cheryl said as she made her way to her feet. Toni held her up.
"A lot worse. You were a hot mess last night. You even hit on Jughead."
Toni laughed.
"Nooo! Toni, I didn't!" Cheryl said in disbelief.
"Sorry. All true. And you hit your head. What got you so upset?"
Toni asked.
"I honestly can't remember." Cheryl said. It took her a few seconds but something clicked. "That's right! Josie exploded on me at Vixens practice and went to find out why after school. She called 911 on me. So I came down to the South Side to get drunk." Cheryl recalled.
"She called the cops?! Are you okay? I mean obviously you're okay but are you...okay?" Toni asked. Hoping she didn't sound like a babbling idiot.
"Emotionally...I don't feel much at the moment. Once the hangover wears off, the emotions are going to start kicking in. Making me feel worse." Cheryl said sadly. "What day is it?"
"Thursday." Toni said.
"Ah crap. School. Should you be there as well?" Cheryl asked.
"It's cool. I don't care." Toni said.
"I'm truly horrible. I ruined your night. Made you play nurse made to me. Threw in your uncle's car...now truancy. You should just cut your losses." Cheryl said.
"Not a chance. I don't give up that easily." Toni said from the kitchen.
"That's admirable, Toni...but I'm not worth the trouble." Cheryl said.
"I say that you are. Drink this." Toni said. "Drink this."
"No thank you." Cheryl said sweetly.
"It's my grandpa's old hangover cure.
Skimmed milk, onions, olives, cashews, strawberry for flavor and a hair of the dog." Toni explained.
"It looks disgusting but since I owe you one, I'll try it." Cheryl said taking it. "Bottoms up."
"Drink, drink drink drink!"
Toni cheered.
"It's both delicious and foul at the same time."
Cheryl said after finishing all.
"That wasn't so bad, was it?" Toni asked warmly.
"I might never get that taste out my mouth but no. Lucky." Cheryl said.
"Whatever. Look. This is none of my business but you're going about this Josie thing the wrong way." Toni said.
"How so?" Cheryl asked.
"You're trying too hard to gain her forgiveness and acceptance when all she wants is space." Toni said.
'Then what do you suggest I do?" Cheryl asked. Arms folded.
"Nothing. Don't do a damn thing." Toni advised. Cheryl looked intrigued.
"That's your advice?" Cheryl asked.
"Yeah. Give her all the space she wants until she's sick of it and is dying for your attention again." Toni said.
"I'm so desperate, I'll try anything." Cheryl said.
"It might be difficult with your obsessive mind but it can be done." Toni said and gripped her shoulder.
"You're extra sassy today." Cheryl said.
"I try. And succeed. Wanna get out of here before your mom calls out an APB?" Toni asked sarcastically.
"That old hag won't care." Cheryl said casually. "Where are my clothes?"
"In the dryer. They had puke on it so I washed it after you dozed off."
Toni said. "I'll go get it."
"You didn't have to do that." Cheryl said as she tried not to blush.
"I wanted to. Here you go." Toni said.
"Thank you." Cheryl said and took off Toni's shirt. Toni took a quick glance before going to the sink to brush her teeth. "Nice and toasty."
"Glad you're happy." Toni said.
"Are we just going to pretend that I didn't see you sneak a peek?" Cheryl asked teasingly.
"Yeah. Pretty much." Toni said. Making Cheryl laugh. After rinsing and putting on her driving pants and Serpent jacket, Toni grabbed her bike keys and waited at the entrance.
"Ready?" Cheryl asked. Toni nodded.
"After you." Toni said and held the door open. Cheryl smiled and went out. Toni locking up behind her.
"My bike's right here." Toni said.
"And it's lovely but I am not getting on that thing." Cheryl said firmly.
"You wanna take the Regret Mobile?
Soaked in vomit and bad decisions?" Toni asked sarcastically. Cheryl weighed her choices carefully.
"Just...be careful. Please." Cheryl said and got on the back.
"I have you with me. Of course I'm going to be extra careful." Toni said.
"Wow...That's so sweet." Cheryl said.
"You're sweet. No put this on...and hold on to me." Toni said and put a helmet on Cheryl's head and got on the bike. Cheryl squealed and held Toni when she revved up. "We haven't even moved yet." Toni laughed.
"Don't laugh. This is very nerve racking for me." Cheryl said.
"You'll be okay. I'm going to drive off...okay?" Cheryl nodded. "Let's ride." They were off. After her heart started beating again, Cheryl remembered that she hadn't told Toni how to get to her house. Thankfully, Toni remembered the path from all the times she's passed that way.
They arrived in one piece.
"Yes! Hello sweet ground." Cheryl said and kissed the paved walkway, once off safely.
"Wimp. This was fun, believe it or not. Let's hang out when you're sober, huh?" Toni said. Cheryl looked at her adoringly before she caught on.
"Maybe. Thanks for taking care of me." Cheryl said.
"Anytime." Toni said. Cheryl turned toward the house and started walking. With one last wave, Cheryl disappeared into the house and then Toni peeled off. Back where she came from. Back to the South Side.