Drunky McDrunk Drunk

"I wish you were here. Everyone hates me." Cheryl said, leaning against her locker. Watching her classmates pass.
"Do you hate them?" Toni asked.
"Hate is a strong word but I really, really, really don't like them."
Cheryl said. Toni chuckled.
"You're ridiculous. I gotta go pretend like I give a crap about class."
Toni laughed.
"Your laugh is so cute." Cheryl said.
"No. I hate my laugh." Toni said blushing. Sweetpea took her phone.
"Bye, Cheryl." Sweetpea said and hung up Toni's phone. She shoved him before going to class.

In the North Side, Cheryl was heading to her own class. Wondering why Sweetpea took Toni's phone.
She tried to focus on class but she was so bored, her mind drifted to Toni.
A thought she shook off and focused on the blackboard and the teacher that drawled on in front of her.
Then looked to her left where Josie was paying attention and taking notes. Her hands were perfect. So small and gentle. Just like she was.
Cheryl gave Josie a little smile when she turned to see her.
Josie wagged a finger in front of her. Indicating that Cheryl focus on class.
But she was paying attention.
Cheryl was just bored to tears because she already read what the teacher was going over.
Her torment finally ended when the bell rang. She hightailed it out of there and casually waited for Josie.
"Hi, Josie. You look nice." Cheryl said.
"Cheryl." Was all Josie said and kept walking. Cheryl was so excited that Josie acknowledged her existence, she didn't push anyone or call anyone, bitch, slut or whore for the
rest of the day.
Then it went south when Cheryl tried to help Josie with her form at
River Vixens practice.
"Don't touch me!" Josie said disgusted.
"But I was just__" Cheryl tried to say.
"I said no. Understand that." Josie said. Cheryl respected her wishes and passed the Baton to Veronica while she took a little break. Down.
She couldn't do it front of her squad. She was their fearless leader.
And bothering Toni wasn't an option.
She had her own classes and friends and work to deal with. Burdening the girl with her constant whining just wouldn't be fair.
So...Cheryl sucked it up like the soldier she was and went back in.
Pretending the embarrassing situation never happened.

After school, Cheryl went to see Josie to find out why she was so mad...She dialed 911 on her.
There was only one cure for her heartache...

"What the hell is a Northsider doing here." One of the Serpents asked his friend. She tried not to look them in the eye. Ignoring the whispers.
"Cheryl?" Jughead and Sweetpea asked together. She turned around.
"Oh thank heavens! I'm actually glad to see you two." Cheryl said relieved.
"Long way from home, aren't you princess?" Sweetpea asked teasingly.
"Gladness gone. Bar?" They pointed the way. "Thank you." Cheryl said and headed for the bar. They both looked at each other. Sweetpea already knew what Jughead was thinking.
"No. She is not our responsibility." Sweetpea said.
"I'm not suggesting we hold her hand and braid her hair or anything.
Just...look out for her." Jughead said.
"Why? She came here on her own. Girl knew what she was getting into." Sweetpea said. Dude had a point.
"Okay...yeah but look at her...we have to at least try to keep her alive. She's Betty's cousin." Jughead said.
"Didn't you break up though?" Sweetpea asked.
"Yeah but that was for her own good."
Jughead said. "Besides, I may not necessarily like Cheryl but I don't want her to get hurt."
"Alright man. I hear you." Sweetpea said and they went over to the bar where Cheryl was chatting up
HogEye. "Hey, Cheryl.
What are you up to?"
"Making friends with HogEye. He is so nice!" Cheryl said touching his arm.
"Okay...Let's not do that." Jughead said and gently moved her hand away.
"Aww. You're being so nice to me! Is it because I'm drunk?" Cheryl laughed.
"Basically. Yeah." Sweetpea said.
"I dig it. I should get wasted more often. Did you know that his real name is Harris Cole?" Cheryl asked.
"I did not. Thank you for telling me." Jughead said gently.
"Anytime, Juggy. I didn't understand it before, but I get what Betty sees in you. You're actually really cute. In a broody sort of way. And you're nice. Not to mention you're the smartest person in school. After myself of course. Naturally." Cheryl said and sipped more of her vodka.
"How many has she had?" Sweetpea asked. Cautious about
touching her glass.
"Four. Of those. And a beer."
HogEye said.
"Wow...Just..." Jughead signaled for him to cut her off. HogEye nodded.
"Should we stop her?" Sweetpea said.

"Yo. Any of you boys wanna show me how to shoot pool?" Cheryl asked.

"She's fine for now but we should take her home before she gets into trouble." Jughead said.
"How? We both took our bikes and her drunk ass might fall off." Sweetpea reasoned. Jughead and Sweetpea both looked at each other at the same time.

10 Minutes Later

"Where is she?" Toni asked as she arrived. Both boys pointed at the pool table where Cheryl was doing shots with Fangs, Claw and Viper.
"Pay up, boys!" Cheryl slurred. They all coughed up the five bucks they owed her for winning.
"Hi, Cher." Toni said warmly.
"Toni. Hi...what are you doing here?" Cheryl asked.
Sounding surprisingly sober.
"I came to get you. Wanna come home with me?" Toni asked sweetly.
"Okay." Cheryl said cutely and hopped down. "Bye, boys."
Cheryl said waving.
"Bye, Cheryl. Hey, Toni." The three said. Toni took her hand and lead her out. And to her uncle's old Volvo.
Getting Cheryl in was a struggle but she got it done and took her home.
Cheryl tripped and fell on her way out the car. "Cheryl! Are you okay? You should have waited for me." Toni said, helping her up.
"Thank you." Cheryl said.
"Your welcome. You are very drunk." Toni said and fetched her keys.
"Yes, I am. And you're pretty." Cheryl said. Toni laid her on the couch.
"Well so are you. Why were you on the Southside in a Serpent bar at that hour by yourself? That's really dangerous." Toni said as she helped Cheryl take off her strapped heels.
"That was the point. I just wanted to forget. Live on the edge for just a little while...I didn't want to bother you but that obviously failed." Cheryl said
"You didn't bother me." Toni said.
"You're saying that because you're nice. Your friends are nice too.
I wish I had friends like yours." Cheryl said. Toni rubbed Cheryl's arm and left the room. "You're my friend, right?" Cheryl asked.
Removing her top. Toni returned.
"Yes...I certainly hope so." Toni said.
"Good. I wasn't sure. I'm your friend too." Cheryl said. Awkwardly putting her arm in the T-shirt sleeve.
"Good to know." Toni helped her. Put her in an upright position , covered her in a blanket with a waste basket near. "There we go. Now try and get some sleep."
"I'm sorry I threw up in your car." Cheryl said tiredly.
"You wouldn't be the first person to."
"And ruined your night off."
Cheryl said. "And__"
"That's enough talking. Sleep." Toni said gently. Cheryl stared at her silently before drifting off.