Denial

After deciding that it was a moment of excitement and nothing more, Cheryl pretended the whole kiss never happened.
Continuing to carry on with Toni as normal.
Grabbing lunch with Josie and her.
"We are totally stressing about this cheer routine for Bulldogs vs Panthers game coming up." Josie groaned. Toni scoffed.
"Aren't you two crazy good?"
Toni asked.
"Me, Josie, Betty and...ugh, Veronica? Yeah. The others? Not so much." Cheryl said and rolled her eyes.
"They're not going to come up to par in time." Josie said.
"You guys are so mean. They can't be that bad." Toni laughed. Cheryl smiled. "What?"
"You just have some ketchup in the corner of your mouth." Cheryl said.
"Oh. That's embarrassing." Toni said.
"It's okay. I'll get it." Cheryl licked her thumb and wiped Toni's mouth.
Making her giggle. "All gone."
"Aww! You guys are so cute." Josie said. Cheryl blushed embarrassed and changed the subject.

Shopping

"Come on. You should at least have one girly thing in your closet." Cheryl said as she waited outside the dressing room. Holding her jacket.
"Okay. Whatever, but this?" Toni asked and came out in a red and black  plaid minidress with her boots.
"Toni! That looks so cute on you." Cheryl squealed.
While Toni smiled at the floor.
"I'm a Serpent. I don't want to look cute." Toni said and rolled her eyes.
"But you're also a girl. A very pretty one." Cheryl said and brushed Toni's cheek with her thumb. There was a moment of silence when they stared at each other but Cheryl shook it off.
"Cher...Do__" Toni started.
"If it makes you feel better...here. Put it on." Cheryl said and helped her put on her jacket. "Better?"
"Much."

And when they found out they would be going to the same school together.
"Cheryl, Cheryl, Cheryl!" Toni called happily as she ran up the stairs.
"Toni, Toni, Toni!" Cheryl greeted and met her at the top.
"Guess what." Toni said cutely.
"They're shutting down South Side High and some of the students are moving to North Side."
Cheryl answered.
"Yeah...well that kinda takes the fun out of it." Toni frowned.
"Yeah. This big announcement came over the P.A this morning."
Cheryl said. "We get to be together."
"Yeah. We do." Toni said.
"Not...together together but yeah. I'm happy." Cheryl said and bit her lip.
"So...ready to talk about the kiss now?" Toni asked.
"There's nothing to talk about. I got excited. It was a fluke. I was wrong. I apologized." Cheryl said.
"But I don't think that was. And you weren't wrong. I kissed you back, silly." Toni said.
"About time!" Nana Rose shouted from her room.
"Stop eavesdropping, Nana." Cheryl called back.
"Never." She answered. Cheryl rolled her eyes and took Toni to her room.
"What is the problem? We clearly like each other. Why are you freaking out?" Toni asked.
"That's the problem. I like you too much to ruin things between us.
I like you a lot. The last person I loved like that was Josie. Remember how that turned out? I stalked her and she became my sole obsession.
I don't want to go crazy on you.
You're my little TiTi Bunny. So it's better that I stay away from you." Cheryl said.
"Excuse me but did you ask what I want? I know you're not operating on all cylinders and you're not good at expressing your affections in a healthy way, but I love your crazy behind anyway." Toni said.
"You...love me?" Cheryl asked.
"Yes, you mental redhead. So suck it up and let's be together." Toni said.
"Well yes, sir!" Cheryl said cutely and saluted. Toni caught her offguard when she kissed her. After the initial shock, she kissed back and they just sat smiling at each other.
"Yes! I ship it." Nana Rose said
from her room.
"Nana!"