Chapter: 6

DAY: 210

Winter Soldier

I was too suspicious of the red haired woman downtown that I followed Steve and Natasha. That woman seemed to suspicious and familiar to me that I couldn't just let it slide. I had to figure out who she was and whether or not I knew her.

Steve and Natasha followed Clint on foot, Banner, Wanda and Peter followed slowly behind. Wanda and Peter didn't stay long, they ended up splitting up from Banner before they hit central. I hopped from rooftop to rooftop, keeping them in my line of sight and they were easy to follow.

Earlier I had watched the woman disappear into the sky with Thor. Which led me to believe that I might have known her at some previous point. But not long after they split did they come to a stop at an apartment building. I kept myself low and out of sight as they took the time to watch their backs. But they went into the apartment building quickly. Probably locking the door behind them.

I waited until it got dark before I moved in, just to see if I could catch a glance of either one of them. That or the woman. I came up next to the apartment building, about to cirlce around it when I saw movement inside. A light turned on, it was dim and small but it was bright enough to show a man carrying a woman into a bedroom. She was asleep in his arms and she appeared to be the same woman I saw on the street, only she looked too familiar.

The man, well Thor, was gentle with her and laid her on the bed slowly. She woke briefly and he said something to her before she shut her eyes again and he placed a blanket over her body. Just before he left, Thor opened the sliding glass door on the balconey. Then walked out slowly and the light went out. I took that opportunity as a chance and walked to the edge of the building and climbed up on the ledge. The building I stood on was fairly close to the one in front of me, I could jump to the balconey to get a better look and that was what I was panning to do.

I jumped, lunging into the air, throwing myself to the balconey, where I landed and rolled almost right up to the glass. Luckily I didn't wake the woman inside, but from where I sat on the balconey I could see her face almost clearly through the glass. And seeing her, alive, breathing and moving made my heard leap out of my chest. She looked so peaceful and so quiet laying there. So much like I had always known her to be like. But she was alive? How was that possible? I held her body when she laid there dead, I felt for her pulse. She was pale and lifeless and yet she was still alive, alive and well.

I had a few options, situations, running around in my head. I could stay like this, watching her. I could slip inside, letting her know that I was there. Or I could just leave, letting her think that I still thought that she was dead.

But I couldn't will myself enough to move from where I was. I couldn't will myself to just leave, not when I had just laid eyes on her again. Her hair had grown out some, her skin looked like it had healed a little more and she looked beautiful.

I watched her, silently, standing in the shadow of the balconey as she just slept, peacefully and quietly. For a while she didn't move before, she flipped over onto her back. When suddenly she jolted awake from her sleep and sat forward.

"Bucky!" I heard her say. She breathing was fast, her eyes were wide and she looked slightly confused. Her hand flew to her stomach and she looked down. She pushed back the blanket that was over her and kicked her legs over the edge of the bed.

The door to the room opened and light flooded in. Steve walked in at a fast pace and paused when he saw her sitting up in bed, but he walked over slowly, as if to cautious.

"You okay? What happened?" I heard him ask her.

"Nothing, I'm okay." she said running her hand through her hair. "I'm fine. I'm fine. It was just a dream."

"Are you sure?" he asked her.

Lark nodded to him. "Yeah, I'm sure." She looked up at Steve and he nodded.

"Would you like me to leave?" he asked her quietly. "You should probably get back to sleep."

"Yeah, you're right. I'll be fine." she assured him.

"Okay. I'm right outside with the others if you need something." he said before walking out, shutting the door behind him.

Lark sat there a long while, staring at the floor or glancing around the room before she laid down on her side again. But then she started to cry. She kept her mouth covered but her body shook clearly enough. My heart seemed to break again hearing this. I had to keep my mouth covered from saying anything or even making a sound. I hated to see her cry. Especially now that things weren't going the right way anymore. Things were spiraling out of control and Lark was caught in the center of it.

Let Me Go (Book Four)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara