Chapter: 4

DAY: 210

Lark

Twenty more days passed, nothing happened. Nothing changed in the pace of the day, there was no news for any of us to hear, nothing. Just silence and wondering who was left alive out there. I kept thinking that Bucky was out there killing people, innocent or not he'd do it to get information.

No one dared to bother me anymore. I just shut them out. I just stayed alone, keeping my thoughts to myself and keeping my eyes closed. My body felt tired all the time, I felt weak and sad. I was depressed. Nothing seemed to help me either. People would come to try to coax me into getting up and speaking, but I just wouldn't listen.

All I could think about was how badly I felt, how terrible and alone I felt here. Bucky was tearing me apart even without standing right in front of me. He had no idea the affect that he had on me, and I knew that there is a chance that he never would.

I heard the door to my room open, the lights were turned on. It was Remy, he always turned on the lights whenever he came in here. To talk to me or just sit with me. Remy respected my choice of silence, he respected me. Period. But the way that he sat beside me told me there was something he actually wanted from me.

"Banner said that he wants to take a look and see how you're doing." Remy said. "If you won't listen to me then I'll get Natasha or Steve in here. They're waiting outside and they'd both be happy to just pull you out of this bad and drag you by your heels to see Banner."

I sat up from the pillows and sat on the edge of the bed, Remy scooted over next to me.

"Want some help?" he asked. I shook my head no and stood up on my own. I adjust Bucky's jacket on my shoulders and zipped it up as far as it would go. I walked to the door and opened it.

I knew that I couldn't refuse Banner, he was the only person, only doctor, that I trusted here.

"Where is he?" I asked Remy.

"Banner's in the library." he answered, staying close behind me.

When I looked out the door Natasha and Steve were standing close.

"I wouldn't drag you by your heels." Steve said, as if it was some big deal to me.

Natasha nodded to him. "I probably would." Steve gave her a look and she shrugged. "What? She's my friend, she's not my client."

"Oh and you'd treat your client differently?"

"Very differently." she answered him.

I rolled my eyes at them and walked around the two of them out into the hallway. Remy just followed, he knew that he was probably the only person that didn't hurt to look at. Sometimes just knowing that Natasha or Steve was nearby sort of killed me inside. They were the people who knew Bucky before me, who know who he truly might have been like before all of this came down on us. It just felt like it was my fault that all of this was happening. I opened the door to the library and found Banner sitting there, only, he wasn't alone. My father sat there on the couch across from him. Banner stood up as I walked in, my father saw me and stood up too.

"Lark." Banner said. "I didn't expect you to be here."

"You didn't expect me to leave the room and walk all the way down here, that's what you didn't expect." I said.

"Well, that's not exactly how I would put it."

"But it's what you're thinking. I can see it in the way you mess with your glasses and by how your left eye twitches. Don't lie, you agree with me." I said as I sat down in the chair by the door.