"What you said earlier?" Daniel asked partially.

Daniel watched Hadrian walk out onto the balcony, looking out over the garden's, not responding straight away. Daniel's eyes traced his brother's strong impressive back, the muscles flexing as he moved his arms to rest against the ledge. Daniel's eyes zeroed in on the dark black ink that marked his brother's side. He stepped forward, squinting to make out the arrangements of lines. The dark night, however, stopped him from putting together the true image.

Hadrian turned and walked back into the room, his torso now visible as he entered the light. The threatening sight of his brother advancing closer made Daniel want to run. Perhaps he should, his mother always told him not to be in here. As mentioned earlier, Daniel had always held on to every word that mentioned of his brother. What he failed to mention, however, was that most discussions, if not all, were suspicious.

"What did I say earlier?" Hadrian inferred with a false frown.

Now that Hadrian had moved into the light he could see the damage to Hadrian's skin. Daniel's heart tightened, a littering of scars marked his brothers skin. The marks ranged from small cuts and long gashes, to circular splatters. At first you wouldn't notice, even at a second glance you probably wouldn't. But eventually, you couldn't not see them. The tormented raised bumps were a lighter tone than his actual skin - Daniel put his hands in his pockets, aware that Hadrian's eyes tracked the movement.

Daniel couldn't help but stare at his brother, his eyes flickering erratically across his skin. Daniel shifted, his mind wondering what could've done that or who could have. Daniel felt even more uncertainty, his brother, who he had never really remembered, was a complete stranger. Hadrian could've done terrible things, was he evil like they all said in their hushed voices? They said that about those who were placed into Slytherin, didn't they?

"It's f..fine.. it doesn't matter." Daniel stuttered.

Hadrian's forehead creased in a frown at the sudden change of heart. As much as Daniel wanted to ask, he didn't want to face the truth. He didn't want to think of it. Daniel traced the raised scars on his palms with the tips of his fingers. Hadrian watched Daniel's gaze grow distant and something akin to understanding surged at his chest.

"If you come here again, don't waste my time," Hadrian remarked coolly.

Daniel's eyes shot up, shock and hurt filling his gaze. Hadrian didn't react, instead he stepped closer to Daniel, his eyes fixed onto his face. Daniel couldn't understand what was happening, Hadrian was shrouded in darkness, veiling his approach with dark rain clouds.

"If you come here again, you'll have to face the truth," Hadrian spoke cryptically.

Daniel nodded without understanding why, he turned as if to leave, his eyes distant and wide. Before he could, however, his brother hard cool voice stopped him in his tracks and blinked him out of his reverie.

"Who the fuck are you?" Hadrian questioned threateningly.

Hadrian looked up to see a stranger stood in the doorway, the woman wore a maid outfit with a basket clutched under her arm. The woman looked around nervously, she was still young, perhaps twenty five? Hadrian walked closer to her, almost stalking. Daniel's eyes widened at the sight of his brother's temper, confused why Hadrian didn't know who Carla was. It then suddenly it him that, of course, Hadrian wouldn't know.

"This is Carla," Daniel tried to distract.

"She's Remi's nanny, but she also helps out around the house." Daniel continued, after a second.

Hadrian watched his brother smile as if he had explained everything - he hadn't, not at all. Daniel wanted to leave, he couldn't take the apprehension any longer. He watched as Hadrian stepped closer to Carla, his dark raging eyes running over the length of her body unforgivingly. Carla swallowed tightly, her heart pinching when feeling the strangers eyes on her face.