Fear The Wolf

.....

"He wears the smell of blood and death like a perfume."

.....

Hadrian walked up the large circular staircase, running his hand along the rail, him mind falling back to the memories of his younger years. At times, it was as if he was in someone else's home, but then it was also like he had lived nowhere else. The house had changed, even the general decor had moved with the times - of course it had, Lily Potter would always be in style. This large castle like home, echoed in response to his presence - warning him away or welcoming him home, he wasn't sure.

Hadrian stepped onto the second floor, turning left, to his side of the house. He walked down the hall lined with tall Palladian arched windows, the open design, causing moonlight to flood the stone marble floor. He was out of place here, a stranger. He kept walking, further down the corridor, the design becoming less lavish - it was simple yet stated. This wasn't a place Lily Potter would go, her fashionable presence was not visible here.

Hadrian made it to his door, shoving it open frustratedly. Once again, the force of his entrance caused the door to swing back again, clicking shut. Hadrian sighed, the night had gotten to him - he threw himself down onto his bed. His hands found his face in an attempt to rub away the tension residing there. Now that he was calm, he regretted his behaviour towards Dumbledore. Of course, he hadn't known the headmaster would be there tonight. Nevertheless, he had been careless, the old man was no fool.

Hadrian pushed himself up, away from the comfort of his sheets, in order to take a shower. Sighing, he pulled his shirt over his head, throwing it carelessly on the floor. Hadrian froze when the door creaked open, causing light to flood in from the hallway. Hadrian's hand moved to the pocket of trouser, his fingers gripping the end of his wand - ready and waiting.

Daniel Potter peaked around the edge of the door, his eyes widening with nervousness at the sight of Hadrian. The boy, despite being uncertain, pushed open the door and walked inside. Hadrian walked right over to him, the boy flinching when Hadrian rose his hand towards his face. Hadrian clicked on the lights behind his brother's head, a small amused smile gracing his lips at his brother's overreaction.

"Can I help you?" Hadrian asked simply.

Daniel didn't answer straight away, instead he walked further into his brother's room, instinctively. Daniel looked around the simply styled room, filled with dark masculine tones. Hadrian watched his younger brother look around as if finally getting to see something in a long time. Hadrian smirked to himself, this was the first time his brother had ever been his room.

"So, you're back home." Daniel asked and answered.

The boy, despite glancing down at his feet, remained confident. His light brown eyes turned and found the figure that was his older brother - the older brother that no one ever wanted to speak of. Over the years, Daniel had savoured every word that had mentioned his brother. There hadn't been many, in fact, most he had overheard were behind closed doors and hidden in a hushed voice. Hadrian watched his brother struggle for a few moments, turning his head slightly to the side, very similar to a cat amused by its prey.

"Did you miss me?" Hadrian teased.

The question, despite being mocking, hit home for Daniel. For a moment, he contemplated if Hadrian could read his thoughts, no, he shook his head. Despite the urge to leave, Daniel stood his ground and forced his gaze to meet his brothers mighty green.

"No, I mean y.ye.." Daniel stopped, embarrassed at his rambling.

Hadrian watched his younger brother berate himself, a deep self condemning frown creasing his forehead. The boy seemed to blame himself quickly. Hadrian walked over to the double doors, unlocking them before pushing them open. A delightful warm summer breeze entered the room, filling it with the scent of the sun.