Phoenix of the Jungle

....

'Magic comes with a price.'

....

"Well, well, well, what's going on here?" A new voice purred.

This new sound was smooth and seductive, like liquid velvet - it held the assurance of cunning. Daphne breathed out in relief, her heart raced and her chest ached. Pansy Parkinson was leant up against the door of the compartment. The slim confident body stood with a curved hip that jutted out to one side. She was like porcelain, her skin glinting like shining glass, her hair much like Draco's was white blonde, falling to the top of her shoulders, shaping her soft face.

https://amzn

https://amzn.to/3IWUDOZ

"Can we all just calm ourselves?" Pansy purred, looking at her nails.

Her hazel eyes were like infused honey, they trailed around the compartment before finally resting on Hadrian. Her expression bestowed absolute respect and admiration for the green eyed boy. This was an unusual achievement for the girl who was known for her disdainful judgment and objectifying conjecture. Hadrian in turn appraised her inscrutably. Pansy's soft lips pulled into an amused smirk at the sight of his nonchalance; she found herself attracted to his indifference and cimmerian allure.

It was common knowledge that she had slept with Hadrian more than once, despite, nothing ever coming from it. Their relationship was purely based on raw desire and wanton lust. Beyond her potent sexuality, Hadrian saw what she had lived through. A loveless childhood. A combination of merciless father who made no effort to hide his many infidelities, a marriage all but signed and paid for from birth and an inconsiderately passive mother.

"We looked through every compartment, almost had to curse some of the upper years. They were being..... unhelpful." Alec Morti spoke, he had appeared from behind Pansy, by the compartment door.

His voice came in waves, it was silky yet factual. He voiced a perturbed tsk, acting as if he was insulted by the other students very existence. The curly russet tones of his hair contrasted the sharp angles of his face - his features were relaxed yet expectant, waiting for a response to his statement.

 The curly russet tones of his hair contrasted the sharp angles of his face - his features were relaxed yet expectant, waiting for a response to his statement

https://amzn.to/3IzTTxT

Hadrian's eyebrows rose, amused at one of his closest friends. Alec Morti shared the same darkness that Hadrian attempted to smother deep within himself. They were the same side of different coins, one came from darkness and the other came from light. Yet they found themselves in the same place, a deep dark abyss. The darkness had reached out for them, its hands had wrapped around and pulled them down. They had known their fate. The darkness had welcomed them and smiled deviously. This evil was formed from some primeval hatred, and the collective despair of all those it had taken before.

....

'Not evil, just hurt.'

.....

Alec Morti's form was furiously sarcastic, his sharp eyebrows were angled and constantly arched remaining conceitedly judgemental. He wore a false smirk that flickered off and on - it was beyond unsettling.

"You didn't kill them then?" Hadrian replied, smirking at Alec.

He turned away from the group and continued to look back out the window. Everyone within the compartment shifted in confusion as Alec's dark eyes turned almost black. Hadrian's attempt to provoke his friend was not subtly done. Dark curses were a large part of growing up within the Morti household - therefore, Hadrian's comment was a bit too close to home.

In all fairness to Hadrian, the fact that Alec did not kill anyone was actually surprising. By the look on Alec's face, however, he had considered it an insult. Hadrian's comment, enquired a lack of loyalty and implications of distrust. Alec licked his lips, his dark beady eyes were cutting and angry. It was now Alec's turn to make a move. The compartment watched as the two boys stared at each other, their bright slicing gazes locking.

"Why were you alone? Did you not sleep last night?" Alec asked bitingly, his eyes gleaming while his smile was boastful.

Alec wouldn't usually concern himself with such private affairs, even if it was about Hadrian. His sudden interest was only an attempt to return Hadrian's favour in revealing his personal life to the entire compartment. Alec's face was dark as he smiled - his intent malicious.

Pansy and Daphne would often discuss the relationship between Alec and Hadrian. The two boys seemed interconnected, their eyes would unite almost knowingly - violence and chaos would soon follow. Eliciting an audible snap, Hadrian's head turned to Alec, who smirked amused, his lip curling viciously. Hadrian's normal indifference was denounced by the cold hard ferocity that had roughly taken over his beautiful features.

Alec watched as Hadrian's knuckles whitened from clenching the armrest so hard - the veins in his forearms were raised from his wrists all the way up under his T-shirt. Hadrian's body was slouched contemptuously yet his form exuded an animosity that was like acid - burning, slicing and potent.

Then he smiled. Theo watched on, his mind grew heavy and oppressed with apprehension. He wished Hadrian's anger had remained because this false serenity was sickening and treacherous. Hadrian licked his lips and Pansy felt herself angle towards him, as if wanting to touch him. His showdown with Alec was a common occurrence as they would test each other often and this time was no different.

As if nothing had happened, Alec's eyes returned to there usual dark chromatic brown and he collapsed into the seat next to Hadrian. Hadrian's face immediately relaxed, all signs of his previous iciness fled and he lifted his eyebrows amused. Daphne watched incredulously open mouthed, what the fuck had just happened. She looked back at Pansy who's expression matched her own.

'Boys', they huffed out, perplexed.

....

'It's all lies darling.'

....