The Manor

....

Crooked grins, sly hands and one dangerous voice.

....

Hadrian thought it best to leave shortly after his tense introduction. Sure, he knew when to push the line but when you cross it - that's when everything would always fall to shit. The worse thing that could happen right now was to be at war with the Parkinson's. Despite their family not having the best reputation, money still heavily lined their pockets. Mr Parkinson would only have to give money to the right people and Hadrian would be dead within the week. Of course, killing Hadrian wouldn't be so easy - the constant threat would become more of an annoyance than anything else. The thought of having to check what he ate for the next couple of years didn't feel particularly enjoyable. You have to be smarter than that, Hadrian thought - do everything in the background - before they know it, you've got them by the balls.

Hadrian smiled down at both Daphne and Pansy - he would see them in the next couple of days at the Malfoy's ball. Without uttering another word, Hadrian gently slid in between Mr and Mrs Parkinson and walked away from the group. He could have gone around Pansy's parents but there was something about separating Mr. Parkinson from his wife, which seemed to be much more impactful, not to mention satisfying.

Or was he just a son of a bitch?

Once he was away from the group, a dark frown replaced the fake smile that had briefly lit up his face. He glanced across the station once more, looking for the familiar face standing by the brick. Hadrian walked towards the place he had last seen Remus, a stormy headache creeping into his skull. To think he had not seen any of his 'family' for almost two years - the time had gone by easily. He had not returned to Potter Manor for any of the holidays during his third or fourth year. He did, however, send a letter suggesting to them that it would be better if he got on with his studies - total bullshit. In all fairness, he had doubted his parents would even read the letter, much less care. The truth was that during the school breaks he had spent most of the time drunk in the Slytherin common room with Jared Nikoli and Alec Morti - neither of whom had gone home.

Jared Nikoli was in Ravenclaw with his best friend Mason Villenti. Hadrian couldn't count on two hands how many hookups Jared had managed during each school year - especially the school holidays. Jared was a player - opting for the 'love em and leave em' policy, which of course never failed to result in a hard slap and the words, 'you bastard'. Despite this, it never seemed to slow him down. Hadrian was not so easy, claiming to have some standards in who he chose to sleep with. Of course, this didn't apply when he was either drunk or high - as if this was the case he would end up in a bed with absolutely anyone. Jared claimed girls wanted to get with Hadrian because he was all mysterious and everyone was terrified of him. Hadrian had rolled his eyes, listening to what Jared Nikoli had to say about girls was a way to get a quick fuck and a slap in the face.

"Hadrian?" A voice asked, from behind him.

Hadrian turned slowly taking his time. Remus Lupin was always scruffy - his jacket was new but worn while his shirt was clean but wrinkled. The sandy blonde hair that sat on top of his head was washed but not styled, remaining messy and chaotic. It gave the impression he had been out partying all night - but of course Hadrian knew the truth.

Remus stared at Hadrian for a couple of seconds before speaking, his eyes wide and shocked. Hadrian had guessed Remus thought he'd be shorter or younger? Perhaps he still thought Hadrian was twelve, that must have been the last time he'd seen him. Hadrian was no longer the small skinny boy, with his wired frame glasses and his head in a book. He had worked hard to find the correct spell to fix his eye sight - it had been worth it.