Hatred

....

'Hatred was hidden in his veins.'

....

Percy Weasley truly despised Hadrian Potter and his Slytherin cohort. Not only were they wealthy, they were also beautiful. These particular students would walk around with so much swagger, so much confidence - it was as if the very ground was paved with gold. It was an unnatural and foreign notion to Percy, who had attempted to mirror their attitude only to receive severe backlash from both his peers and his family. Apparently, you could never get away from being poor, he remembered the time he had saved up and bought premium Hogwarts robes. They were brand new, nothing like he had had before, the material soft and silky. His attempt was made a mockery, he was laughed at by his 'friends' and judged by his relatives, he was considered a wannabe.

The Slytherin house were mostly made up of old money, their wealth streamed from generation to generation. Even those who weren't particularly wealthy still held status, similar to the social Hufflepuff house. These families had a lot of fingers in a lot of political pies. Gryffindor and Ravenclaw were so set in their ways that the concept of fooling the Wizarding World in order to get what they wanted wasn't even a consideration. Gryffindor, the brash and brazen, at times were too proud or too reckless to consider what they would gain by using a little cunning and partake in manipulative trickery. Ravenclaw, the clever and determined valued knowledge above all else. Of course this would usually hold great merit, however no one liked to be constantly corrected.

....

Percy Weasley hated Hadrian Potter above all else. It hadn't been the one incident that had caused this common hatred, it had been a long time coming. Hadrian Potter was popular and not in terms of being liked. Hadrian was not known for being particularly likeable, in fact quite the opposite. No one knew him well enough for that. Percy recognised the fear Hadrian would instil into Hogwarts, he felt it himself whenever they were in the same room. But as much as they feared him, they were also fascinated by him. Every door Hadrian walked through, hundreds of eyes would find him and lock on to his beautiful form. It was as if they could sense him coming. Percy couldn't remember a day at Hogwarts without some type of rumour being discussed or spread about Hadrian Potter. The school was obsessed.

Percy Weasley felt jealously boil, he wanted it. He wanted everything Hadrian had; the beauty, the money, the adoration and the respect. This ugly unavoidable feeling intensified further at Hadrian's ability to seduce any female in Hogwarts or well, anywhere. It was true, the girls were obsessed with Hadrian's friends, but everyone knew that Hadrian was the biggest prize. Percy hated him for it. He had nothing and Hadrian Potter had it all.

There was, however, one thing Percy would never want to have from Hadrian Potter. The darkness. Percy was raised in a home that was an irreplaceable factor in Dumbledore's movement of Light & Love. No matter his ambitions, Percy worshipped Dumbledore's ideals, following his beliefs scrupulously.

Hadrian Potter, however, was a bad seed. Born into a light family, just like Percy, Hadrian preferred to socialise amongst the darker families. The whole school knew that the Slytherin's practiced dark magic - they didn't exactly hide it. It was also known that Hadrian Potter was high up in the Slytherin's social sphere, perhaps at the very top. Therefore, if the Slytherin's were practicing dark magic, it was Hadrian who was allowing them to do so.

Despite disliking the fact, Percy knew that Hadrian Potter wasn't only friends with Slytherin. Hadrian had friends from other houses, especially Ravenclaw. Of course there weren't many. Most people were just too afraid to speak to Potter. Some students kept their alliances hidden, knowing full well if it were discovered they would be considered anti-light. Similarly, on the other hand, those who were vehemently against the Slytherin's beliefs also kept their convictions to themselves, believing it kept them safe at Hogwarts.