#18

Jackie POV

I knocked on my moms door, waiting for her to open. Asher looked like he was scared out his mind and Violet, she wasn't scared.. she was actually happy to see my mom.

I wasn't rich, I wasn't middle class... You probably could say I was in a poor class, but that didn't stop my momma from trying to get me and my brothers and sisters what we wanted. She was a hard working woman that wanted to everything for her kids.

It was just her, raising six kids on her own. "I'm scared" Asher said, making Violet laugh.

Momma didn't really like Asher because of his last name. She didn't like the Ramzes' and never knew why she just didn't. Asher didn't really meet my brothers or sisters cause I didn't want them to get to know him. They were that loud mouth, outspoken family. They were always opinionated and I didn't want Asher to get offended by them.

"Aww, Asshole is scared of somebody's momma" She teased, "Least I didn't fuck my friends man" He said, making me turn around towards the two that was bickering at each other.

"heyyy" I said getting disappointed at them. "Can you guys go one day without fighting? It's always you two fighting!"

Asher rolled his eyes and Violet looked away, "Sorry" they mumbled, while I shook my head. I wanted to know why nobody was answering the door. I saw one of my old neighbors and I saw them stop to look over at us.

"Jackie?? Is that you child?" Mrs. Arnold asked, while we started walking towards each other. "Hey Mrs. Arnold" I smile, hugging her.

"Hey child" She pulled away, furrowing her brows. "Girl what are you doing in this part of town?" She asked, while I furrowed my eyebrows.

I pointed behind my old house, "My momma and them ain't open the door" I said, which she shot her eyebrows up. "What you didn't know?"

"Know what?" I said getting scared at what she was going to tell me. Please don't tell me ma got evicted out the house, cause she couldn't pay the bills. I always sent her money when I worked.

"Your momma moved out that house about months ago... Eric Manes gave her a house in the higher class area" I definitely arched my brow, turning towards Asher.

"Uh, Ma'am..." Asher started, standing beside me. "Eric Manes... THE Eric Manes?"

"Yeah my friends Dad, Eric Manes?" I said causing her to nod her head. "Yeah he was good man."

"Was this before he got really, really, sick?" Asher asked and she nod, "Yeah"

I gasped, covering my mouth... Why? Why did he help us?

"Do you know where she stay in the higher class?" I asked her, she nods waving her hand to follow her to her house.

I still couldn't believe that Brently's Dad helped my mom out. I thought he hated people outside his race... I'm guessing he's changing... well now he is before he kicks the bucket.

I looked at the gated house and my eyes went wide.

"Damnnn" Asher said, looking at the house. "Brently's dad made sure you guys were good. That man is as cruel as ever.... Why is he helping you guys out?" I shrugged, seeing that the gate was open. Asher went and drove right on in.

He parked the car, turning it off and taking the key out the ignition. I got out with them and I started walking to the big door.

I rung the doorbell, waiting for someone to open the door. When the door opened I saw my older brother Adrian.

His mouth Dropped and waste no time to hug me. "Wassup girl!" He squeezed me tighter, making where I couldn't breath.

"Boy if you don't let my ass go" I struggle to get out. He laughed, letting me go. "How'd you know where we stay at? And what are you doing here? I thought you were in L.A. Momma said you moved in with some White-" He caught himself when he saw Violet and Asher behind me.

"Oh, Nevermind" He said, scratching the back of his head. "But how did you know we live here?" He changed the subject, making me snicker a little at him.

"Mrs. Arnold" I said causing him to suck his teeth and hum. "That ole bitch stays in everybody's business. I'm glad we moved" I heard Violet and Asher laugh at him while I chuckle, shaking my head.

"Boy, Get out the way.. I need to see my mother" I pushed him out the way and started waking in.

It was beautiful in here...

"That's not My baby is it?" I heard my momma call out. I saw her come over to me and I went over to her and smile.

"Hey momma!" I went to hug her and we started waddling side to side. I loved her so much. She pulled away and looked at Violet and Asher.

"Hey Asher" She said, not even smiling at him. Asher smiled, waving. "Hey Miss. Owens"

"Hey Miss. Owens I'm Jackie's friend Violet Manchester... nice to meet you" Violet said all perky like, making momma smile. "Hey Violet, my name is Pearl Owens but you can call me Miss. Pearl"

"So momma, Why did Eric Manes help you out to get this house?"

She started smiling, making me confused.

Avriana POV

Brentlys mom Invited us to go eat at their place, Which dad said he had to go work, which was a lie. He didn't want to go.

We started walking towards the front door but Malik was holding back. "Malik? What's wrong?" I asked, he scratched his head.

"You remembered when I told you I had girls on my tail yesterday?" I nod my head.

"Dellia happens to be one of those girls" He chuckled nervously and I shot my eyebrows up.

"But Dellia is like... in the 6th grade and your in the 8th grade about to go to high school"

He nod his head. "I know but... She has a thing for me"

"You mean she has a crush on you?" I said causing him to suck his teeth. "It's called a thing now" He started walking infront of me, making me shake my head.

I didn't think Dellia likes Malik...

When we were greeted by them, my family and their family were interacting with each other. I went to the bathroom upstairs cause I had to pee. I was about to leave out the bathroom when I was grabbed my the waist, getting my lips kissed.

I pulled away, seeing Brently. "Brently... stop we can't do this" I said, seeing him looking sad. "Yeah you're right" He said, sighing.

"We should do this in my room" He picked me up, making me squeal, seeing that he was really serious. He shut his door, locking it laying me on his bed.

We locked lips but I pulled him off of me. "Brent... stop" I said looking at him. He seen that I was serious and he pulled away from me fully. "I-I thought you-"

"Brently... I do, but...." I trailed off, looking the other way and sitting on the bed like he was now. "You can't have me or Lia and the way I see it... you have to choose Lia" I flickered my eyes to him. He didn't say anything, just looked down at the ground.

"Yeah..." He said all sad like making me feel bad now. I didn't want him to feel like this... I think this is the best for us though.

I pecked his cheek, standing up. "I will always love you Manes" I was about to leave out when he stopped me.

"I will always love you too Princess" I smiled, unlocking the door and leaving out.

I'm glad nobody was up here to hear or see us together, but I just felt like I hurt myself and Brently.

I started to cry, because Brently and I are never going to be back together again.

A/N: I've decided to go ahead and make the chaps because I'm about to end the book.