Part II - To Show Him My Love

It was raining. Hard, fast pellets of water shooting down the sky. They would descend in a crystal spiral before plopping down on this Earth. This cruel, cruel Earth. This Earth for which the sky seemed to be sobbing.

A pair of hazel eyes trailed every little droplet, watching it until it disappeared. The young boy was seated in front of the large window, basking in the gay shadows (p.s. gay here means colorful lol). They illuminated his skin in colorful patches, reflecting off of the stained pane. Reds, Deep Blues, Dark Greens and he looked as if a painting, holding many folds of meaning.

A sad smile was what graced his lips, the stress visible in their cherry redness. The smile failed to lift his cheeks, reach his eyes or provide comfort. You can only describe it as hollow and soulless, drunk in miserable memories.

If people can read emotions as accurately as they boasted to be able to, then they could surely read his sadness. His loneliness. His desperateness. His misery. But no, its not that easy to pry of the joker's mask. And so he smiled, the same expression he had practiced to perfection.

His back slouched, arms limp, legs numb and everything else cold, too cold. He deemed it impossible for him to find escape, a reason, a safe guard. His own forte.

But alas! That's what the young man believed, not the truth. It wasn't carved in stone. And so he was proved false when he felt arms engulf him. Warmth seeped through the coldness of his everything and the heart beating in the chest his head lolled on, proved him wrong.

In the moment he felt dizzy, these different feeling over powering his despairing mind. For the first time, in a long time, did the young man felt love. Not rejection. No hatred. No one pointing at his broken self. But instead acceptance, a warm somebody, and finally a meaning.

"I am here Taehyung-ah... I will always be here"
"You - promise?"
"Yes. I do... A promise you will find in every step of my life dear... I promise"

Taehyung’s breath hitched, the emotions swirling around him chocking him. He wanted to scrape at the lump, he wanted to make sense of himself. But the words were stuck as his eyes burned, getting glossy, like the world outside....

"Tha-thank you Jimin... It - it - I-"
"Shush dear, I know"

At this foreign Euphoria, the broken soul looked complete.
The scars were there. The sorrow left its mark. But Taehyung looked completer than he did for a past few months of his life. His skin was glowing brighter, even if that was something only Jimin saw. There was that sparkle in his eyes, begging to be rekindled. And maybe it was for the better that the fake upturn of his lips, the joker's mask, had dissolved into the salty diamonds cascading down his cheeks; to Jimin,the young one's tears were too precious.

He wanted his dear to jingle in this world's deafness. He wanted him to twinkle above the stars. Jimin wanted him to reside in his arms, to believe him, to cry to him, to laugh to him. He wanted to clasp Taehyung’s cold hand and warm it up again. It was his desire to reach up and give him a peck, small yet meaningful, one that would make the younger smile. He wanted to fulfill these wishes so that he could show the young man just how much he was needed.

                                 ★

Time had passed by faster then any of the boys could comprehend. One second they were crying in each others embrace and now they were sitting, huddled together, watching television.

Jimin remembers more then Taehyung, who had been too lost in the love he was slowly, but surely starting to feel. He snuggled closer in hopes of remaining, for as long as he could, in that warmth and sweet scent.