Silent Night

Prompt: "First one to make a sound loses"
[In which Archie and Veronica have to keep quiet and it becomes competition]

Veronica Lodge was the best at everything she did. Whether it was cheerleading or backstabbing, she was the best. Everyone knew it. And if anyone dare challenge her, well, they'd better be prepared to lose because it was undeniable that you simply couldn't beat Veronica Lodge. She was simply above.

Archie Andrews was the best at everything he did. Whether it was football or singing, he was the best. He had gathered a reputation for being the strongest guy in the school, and the hottest. And if anyone dare get into a fist fight with him, they'd better be prepared to lose because it was unarguable that you couldn't beat Archie Andrews. He was simply above.

"You aren't seriously inviting him over are you?" Cheryl pried as she walked beside Veronica in the hallway. Archie had just walked past, and it reminded her that she needed to tel her friend that it was a bad idea.

"Cheryl, movie night is at his house, why would he not be invited?" Veronica giggle cluelessly in response.

"Because" the red head said in a know it all tone "he's Archie, he thinks he's better than everyone else" she huffed and ran her hands through her curled hair.

Movie nights were every Friday. Last week they were at Betty's and this week it was at the Andrews house hold, considering Fred was away. It was just a few of them usually but the numbers changed every time depending on who could come. Usually it was Betty, Jughead, Cheryl, Toni, Kevin, Josie, Fangs and Sweetpea. It was a nice mix of north and south siders. A time for everyone to just be themselves and get along.

"C'mon Cher you know you love him. Besides Archie may be good at a lot of things but he certainly isn't better than me" Veronica insisted after rolling her eyes at Cheryl's response.
"I won't deny that. Anyways what movie are we watching tonight?" Cheryl asked with a smooth shift of topic.

"Fifty shades of grey" Veronica joked, Cheryl let out a disgusted groan.
"You better be kidding Veronica or else I won't show up tonight-"
"Of corse I'm joking!" Cheryl didn't even need to finish her statement before Veronica butted in and clarified that they were defiantly not watching some overly-cheesy, fake-porn movie.
"Thank god. That movie is nothing but a basic white heterosexual with a dominant male who has a weird kink. The couple only cares about sex! That's it!" Cheryl exclaimed with an exaggerated eye roll.

"So it's basically about your relationship with Archie" the red head then teased. This time it was Veronica's turn to roll her eyes.

"We do more that bang, Cheryl. And no weird kinks involved either" Veronica protested, her friend just raised a suspicious eyebrow.

Veronica knew that her and Archie had a bit of a reputation for...well, having sex. A lot. It wasn't something that she was ever really ashamed of. Betty once told Veronica that she had barely seen her and Archie do so much as hold hands, or even talk. But the thing was they did all that behind closed doors with no one else around, they talked for hours in end, cuddling as they watched movies...sex was just as huge benefit.

When you take the hottest girl in the school, and the hottest guy in the school, the sex is bound to be great.

"Cheryl, don't act like you and Toni aren't all over each other every chance you get" Veronica attempted to make a comeback. Cheryl simply rolled her eyes.
"That's different" she argued with her nose stuck in the air.
"Oh really?" Veronica raised an eyebrow "how so?"

"Well first of all, no cock" Cheryl started her argument which would probably last a century.
"And second of all, we aren't down each other's throats 24/7. It'll be a miracle if you two can keep your hands to yourself tonight"