Regretable but Worth It

[Part 2 of What Real Pleasure Feels Like]
[A/N sighs...you guys asked for this. Also it drags on a bit...sorry😬]

Nothing had happened. Well for the most part nothing had happened. It had been a few weeks since Veronica had found herself on Archie's doorstep, wanting nothing more than a bit of shelter.

And since then things appeared to be normal. As Archie walked through the hallways of Riverdale High he smiled, said hi to people, typical popular boy behaviour. He then came to a stop at Veronica's locker, she was talking with Reggie as usual. Archie had taught himself to get used to this.

"Hey Reg, hey Veronica" he greeted them both with a smile.
"Hey dude, good game on Sunday. You killed it!" Reggie started idle convocation.
"You too, as always you lead the team well." Archie smiled.

It went silent for a moment, Archie tried to think of what to say to make conversation. Thank god for Cheryl Blossom.
"Well if it isn't the happy couple!" She had approached with confidence. Archie rolled his eyes and Cheryl stood between him and Veronica, not noticing that he was there.

"Veronica, Reggie, you'll be at the party on Friday, right?" She asked. Cheryl Blossom, always throwing a party.
"Yeah! Wouldn't miss it for the world!" Veronica responded with enthusiasm.

"Of corse we'll be there. V-Lo and I would never skip a party." Reggie crossed his arms and leans against the locker.
Archie cringed at the nickname he had given her. Ronnie was defiantly more suitable.

Veronica tried her best to act normal. To pretend that there was absolutely nothing between her and Archie. Because there wasn't, well other than Cheryl who still hadn't noticed Archie standing behind her.

But unfortunately, something awful had happened.

Unfortunately their little moment that rainy Thursday night a few weeks ago was the beginning of something terrible...because it didn't stop there.

For some reason, Veronica wished she knew why, they kept on coming back to each other.

It would always be spontaneous, usually it had some relevance to her relationship with Reggie.

Take last Sunday for example.

Flashback
A huge football game had just finished, they beat the Baxter High ravens by 21 points. While Reggie may not have been the star quarterback of the team, he was captain, so Veronica being the good girlfriend that she was cheered him on the whole game.

Archie, who was that star quarterback, tried to remain focused on the game, but whenever he got the chance, he couldn't help but look over at Veronica in her short cheerleading skirt. Her very short cheerleading skirt.

Archie had figured something out. Whenever Veronica was mad at him, for whatever reason, they'd hook up. It was twisted really. It baffled Archie why she'd come crawling to him, not Reggie. But she did. And she was currently mad at the red head.

For constantly checking her out.

"Archie, you are making it very obvious that...there is a certain thing happening between us." Veronica had pulled him into an empty school hallway after the game. The lights were off, only the street lights outside lightened the cold hallway up just a tad.

"So you're saying there's something between us? And how so, I haven't even said a word to you all night!" Archie protested.
"There's nothing between us, not in a more than friends way at least-"
"I'd say we're more friends with benefits" Archie had cut her off with a smirk creeping up on his face. Veronica thought he was beyond attractive when he smirked, it was like good boy Archie disappeared and suddenly he was this bad boy type persona. Veronica had always loved it.