Labour Day

(A/N a combination of requests I got, please enjoy this very very long chapter)
Veronica's POV
Labour day, a common celebration among Americans. Most people have civilised gatherings, however for us teenagers of Riverdale...it's a little less civilised. Take Cheryl Blossom for example. As the queen of the school she decided that a pool party was the most necessary thing, seeing as thistlehouse had a pool, it only seemed fitting. Now a pool party doesn't sound bad right, well add a bunch of teenagers needing a reason to live and you've got a whole lot of chaos.

I would know. I'm arriving at the chaos right now. From the outside the house seemed silent and innocent, but the second Cheryl opened the door I could barely hear my own thoughts over the music.
"Hey Betty, hey Veronica, welcome to the best Labor Day party ever!" She beamed at us, hey a happy Cheryl is the best Cheryl. She lets us in and walks off.
"Oh my god this is crazy, and it's only like 2, imagine what it'll be like at nightfall" Betty exclaims as she examines the party. It seems like every teenager in Riverdale is here. You've got your serpents, vixens, bulldogs, nerds, populars...you name it, they're here.

We make our way out the back to see where the source of the craziness is. Ah yes there it is, the alcohol table. Filled with god knows what mixtures and concoctions for us to fill ourselves with. We find a spot to put down our stuff.
"Well we better give these people the show they were waiting for" Betty giggles while taking her skirt off, revealing half of her bikini. I roll my eyes and remove my skirt, followed by my shirt, revealing simple, yet revealing, black bikini.
"Pink? Betty have you ever considered wearing any other colour" I giggle.
"Well the Betty Cooper image is all pastels" She jokes. "I'm going to find Jug, will you be alright?"
"Please I'm Veronica Lodge, I can handle a party" I respond and she walks off.

Oh great here comes Reggie aka the douche bag of Riverdale.
"Looking good Lodge" he waltzes up to me, obviously flexing.
"Reggie" I say acknowledging his presence.
"You should cover up, don't want every guy here staring at you" He flirts as he like me up and down. Wow this guy has no regard for privacy does he.
"And you shouldn't objectify women but here we are" I casually reply.
Reggie:0 Veronica:1

"Would you like a drink?" He shrugs off my insult.
"I'm good thanks" I reply.
"Trying to stay sober for the swim I see, well Lodge why don't you get in?"
"I think I'm fine thanks" I giggle.
"Oh, I see, don't want to get wet? I'm pretty sure you're already there V"
Oh my god did he seriously just say that.

Archie's POV
For the most part this party is actually pretty good, much needed after all the drama.
"Hey Jug, hey Archie!" Betty smiles as she approaches us.
"Hey Bets, looking good" Jughead gives her a kiss.
"You guys are gross" I chuckle breaking them apart.
"Now you know how we feel whenever you and V are together" Betty remarks with a smirk, I just roll my eyes in response.
"Speaking of which where is Veronica?" I ask.
"She's on the other side of the pool" Betty points over to Veronica who is talking to Reggie.

Oh god that can't be good, he is always, and I mean ALWAYS, flirting with her. Flirting, with Veronica...my Veronica! I mean I'm pretty sure it's clear that we're dating, maybe he's just been living under a rock. Wait is he flexing oh god what a show off. Wait did she just giggle? Is she giggling at something he said? He's not that funny...I'm funny right?
"Is little Archie jealous" Jughead breaks my train of thought.
"What? No" I shrug it off.
"Cmon man you know Veronica, one of the reasons she lives is so that one day her last name can be Andrews"
"Veronica Mantle..." I wonder out loud to myself "Veronica Andrews"
Hmm I think Andrews sounds better, right?
"Cmon dude just go say hi, don't get so jealous" Jughead urges me off.

Okay this is fine, she loves me right? Not Reggie...right? Okay I'm being ridiculous, they're just talking, it's nothing I'm sure. Just a friendly convocation between friends.
"Oh, I see, don't want to get wet? I'm pretty sure you're already there V"
This motherfucker thinks he can say that to MY girlfriend!
"Hey Reggie" I smile as I walk up to the two of them.
"Care to acknowledge me Archiekins?" Veronica jokes. I chuckle and lean down to give her a kiss, ha take that Reggie! Who's jealous now!
"I'm going to get a drink" Reggie huffs and walks off.