Part 1 - I'm Back

Raphaella's POV

I couldn't believe that I'm back here, the place where I grew up, my hometown. It was the last thing I had ever imagined happening for the past two years. And now I am back for good.

"Raffy!! It's nice to see you!! Welcome Home" my brother, Caleb, said coming out of our house and hugging me. My brother is right this is indeed my home. The last two years in Italy seems only like a vacation.

"Hello big brother. It's nice to see you too. And it's nice to be back home." I said hugging him back.

"Of course." Caleb let me go, put his arms around my shoulders and led me inside. "It feels as if I've never seen you for two years when I actually just saw you two weeks ago."

"Well, It's been two years since you've seen me around here. It's bound to get a little weird." I chuckled.

"Right!! How do you feel being back here?"

"Fine, I guess. It feels a little weird being back here but it's nice altogether."

Just then we entered the doorway and there inside were the staff in straight line welcoming me back.

"Welcome back, Miss!" they all said in unison. My parents' long time driver, our gardener, the maid who took care of me and my brother since we were children and another maid.

I smiled at them and said. "Thank you. It's nice to be back home."

"So my little sister, what do you want to do?" my brother asked.

"I don't really know. What do you want to do?"

"Well, I want you to meet someone." Caleb said smiling at me.

"Oh. Right! Is this someone I know? Am I finally meeting the one you keep on talking about?" I said teasing him. I'm glad he finally found someone. He deserves to have someone that would make him happy.

He laughed. "Yes. You're finally meeting her and yes you know her." he confirmed.

"Really? Now, I'm getting curious. Where is she?"

"She's by the pool."

"Okay. Let's go then."

We walk through the double doors leading to the pool and there I saw a banner saying "Welcome home!!" and standing beneath it is my parents and someone else.

She looks familiar I thought. But my train of thought stops altogether when my parents drew me in for a hug.

"Welcome home, darling." my mother said and hugged me even more. My father took his turn, hugging me after mom.

"Thank you. It's nice to be back." It seems the only thing I can say.

"Ehm. . Ehm. ." my brother interrupted. When he was sure that he got my attention, he said. "Raffy, I want you to meet my girlfriend, Amity."

"Oh My Gosh. That's why you look so familiar. Amity!! Is that really you?" I asked in shocked and hugged her.

"Yes. It's me!! I can't believe you're back. I've missed you so much!" Amity said hugging her back.

Amity was one of my best friends. We've known each other since we were babies and practically treat each other as sisters.

"I can't believe your dating my brother!! I thought you hated him." I said gushing and looking at her.

"I thought so too. But he is actually charming once you get to know him." she said teasing my brother.

"Hey!! Of course I'm Charming." he said butting in.

And we both laughed at that. Sensing that me and Amity wanted to talk, he left us. Not before kissing me on the forehead and Amity on the lips.

"I hope I wouldn't see that too often." I said, waggling my eyebrows at Amity.

Amity visibly blushed and chuckled. "I've missed you!"

"Me too. We've missed you so much. I hope you wouldn't leave again that soon." Amity said.

"So, when did these all happen?" I asked, evading conversations about leaving. Even though I'm sure that I wouldn't be leaving, it's still hard talking about it.

"About a year ago. When your brother got back." I raised my eyebrows and Amity further explained. "I saw your brother at the park after he got back and he looks really lonely. He was there sitting on his own and I decided to go and talked to him. I just sat there, listening to him and we were there for hours."

"Thank you! I don't know what would have happened if you hadn't done that." I said, tearing up a little. Me and my brother left at the same time two years ago. It was so sudden that we really hadn't had much time to say goodbye to everyone.

Even now. Everything seems to be back to normal but I'm still not sure of the reaction of the people here once they found out I'm back.

"It's no big deal. I know you would have done the same thing if it's the other way around." Amity said linking our arms. "How are you really, Raffy? How does it feel being back here?"

"I'm okay. I'm just getting reacquainted with this place."

"Are you sure?" she asked.

Amity really knows me well, too well, to see through me even if we had been apart for quite some time.

She just smiled knowingly and said "Alright then. Since you say you're okay even if I know better, I want you to meet someone."

"Who?" I asked, relieved that the subject was dropped.

"Well, you actually know her. She's just as excited as me, knowing that you're back and staying."

"Where is she?" I didn't see anyone else by the pool.

"She was running late and I guess she should be here by now." she said checking her phone. "Yup. She's here. Let's go back."

We went back and there standing with my parents, is my other best friend, Leyla.

"Leyla!" I exclaimed and hugged her. "How are you?"

"I'm fine!! I can't believe your back! I'm so excited. Your back! Senior year is starting. And with all of us together, it would be a blast. The three cherubs are now complete." Leyla said nonstop.

I smiled; Leyla has always been the exuberant and high spirited one of our group. It's nice to know that nothing had changed that much since I was gone.

"Yes. It would be." I agreed.

~~~~~~

I was lying there on my bed, not able to sleep. I spent the whole afternoon and part of the evening with my family and closest friends. Tomorrow we would start our senior year. I really don't know what would happen. I was gone for two years and I'm not sure what to expect tomorrow.

"I guess tomorrow, we would find out." I said to myself.

Aside from not knowing what would happen tomorrow, another big thing is bothering me. I left two years ago so suddenly that I wasn't able to properly say goodbye to everyone. Particularly to a certain someone, a friend who was the one closest to me. "How did he respond to my letter? What would be his reaction of me being back? He wasn't even here today." I thought.

I sighed. I hope he would be fine. I hope he miss me. I hope his not angry.

The one thing I regret the most was not saying goodbye and not staying in contact with him. My best friend, Blaize.