Epilogue

8 months later...

Violet sits on the sofa of her home, laying her hands on her large abdomen, as her mate rubs her petite feet. The two wolves glance at each other for a quick moment, smiling contently. The Alpha's heir will be born soon. The expecting parents have already chosen a name for their future son, Ezra. They are to name the future Alpha, after the Great warrior, Ezra of Eucla.

Violet remembers the story her father always told her of the great warrior who killed almost every vampire in existence. Ezra the Great failed when it came to the Royal family, the Draconians. The Draconians still live to this day, but they stay away from the wolves. After all the bad blood between the two species', it was best to keep separate. Ezra was also known for his great compassion and kindness. Violet wants her son to be a great man, a warrior with a heart of gold. Kreed only wishes for their son to be a great man who doesn't let power go to his head.

The expecting parents fear for how their child will come out. Will he be a full lycan like his father, or a regular wolf as his mother, or perhaps he will be like his uncles who carry immense strength, speed, and power, but does not shift fully into a lycan. Kreed has prayed to the goddess to keep his son a regular wolf with great speed and strength, he does not wish for his son to go through such an intense and painful shift.

Above all, Violet and Kreed hope their son will never know a pain like they had. No loneliness, no sadness, just happiness and love.

Violet looks to her mate, about to open her mouth, but her mate moves her feet, gets off the sofa, then goes into the kitchen. A smile creeps onto her face at how well her mate knew her. She watches as Kreed comes towards her, holding a pint of chocolate ice cream and a spoon. Her hands come out towards the pint as a pain shocks through her. A burning sensation covers her body while her skull feels as if it's being crushed. Kreed let's the ice cream drop from his large hands as he wraps his arms around his whimpering mate, he doesn't understand what is happening.

The foggy white that covers her eyes answers his question. Sorrow fills him as he knew how horribly his mate would react to this. Violet's vision turns a blurry white, "it's time," a familiar voice call to her. Her vision clears, the face of her mate appears in front of her, his lips keep moving but she hears nothing as the hot tears spill from her amethyst eyes.

She was never free.

_________________
Authors note is next to explain some things.

Thank you all for reading, I will see you in the next story, " A Wolf's Weakness"
__________________________