Chapter 1

The year of 2025,
At Jitters, Felicity rushes to the counter to get a glass of water for an impatient customer. With the weight of stress on her shoulders she pours a cup of water into a glass and hurried to passes it to the customer who had her arms crossed over her chest and foot tapping impatiently. She was careful not to spill the freshly poured water.

"Here you go, water with no ice." Felicity said, forcing a smile and turning away to finish another task.

"Excuse me Miss, you gave me nothing but ice!" The customer says in a winy voice.

Felicity turned back, looking down at cup of water she had poured for the customer. To her surprise, the customer was actually right. The cup looked frozen, a cup of solid ice. She tried to hide the shock that splashed across her face.

I just poured that cup of water, she thought, it wasn't that cold. How could this be? She got snapped away from her thoughts, as the customer exploded in a furious fit.

"Do you think this is some sort of joke!?" She squealed. "I don't have time for jokes!" The impatient customer exclaims with a frown on her face.

"I-I'm sorry, I'll get you another glass." Felicity said as she tried to put a smile on her face.

Felicity pours another cup of water and she makes sure it is water still. She eyes the glass of water as she brings it to the impatient and furious customer.

"I'm sorry about that." Felicity says as she squints hoping not to get another lecture.

"How long does it take to get a proper glass of water around here!" She says as she frowns. "Thanks for wasting my time!" She stomps away and out the door.

"Some birthday." Felicity huffs out.

Before Felicity's shift was over in the afternoon she was cleaning up tables; plates, cups etc. Felicity grabbed a half filled cup of coke, as she picked up the cup it started to freeze right in front off her eyes. Felicity's eyes grew wide, she closed her eyes and shook her head then opened them again not believing what she had just witnessed. She put down the cup and she looked down at her hands, they were giving off what looked like the stem of liquid nitrogen. She gasped, her stomach rolling inside.

"What the hell?" She murmured

She quickly hid her hands looking around hoping people didn't see. She started panicking, she ran to the bathroom while she did everything around her slowed down, a near by waiter was pouring coffee for a customer but the pouring slowed down right in the middle of him pouring the cup of coffee.

In a blink of an eye she was in the bathroom. "WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING TO ME!" She hissed in a whisper not knowing if anyone was is the stalls.

She looked in the mirror her green eyes turned into a icy blue colour. Her eyes grew wider and her jaw dropped. Her hand shot up to her face. She quickly looked under the stalls, no one was in the bathroom but her. Phew what a relief. She quickly ran to the door and locked it. She ran back to the mirror with her hand on the sink in front of her, but only to find her eyes change back to her normal colour, she let out a shaky breath.

She splashed water on her face, she looked back up to the mirror to find that her eye were back to an icy colour but this time the whites of her eyes had turquoise lighting running though them. She jumped back at the sight of the lightning bolts quickly running through her eyes then grew close to the mirror looking closely at her eyes. She started to panic at the site. She breathed long shaky breaths to clam herself down. As she was doing this her hand started to feel tingly, she looked down at her hand to find it vibrating off and on.