A Far East Wedding

Start from the beginning

"Then we agree.  You will return to your Kunlun Family to prepare yourself and we will join them for the collection of the bride.  From there we leave for the Poppy Field where you will already have set up the alter."  His elder said with authority, which instantly had him on his feet to leave.

"Yes Grandmother." he replied as the excitement began to build.

"Your outfit has already been prepared, you need only to bath and put it on." she said as his hands came up to bow.

"Thank you Grandmother.  Thank you Empress Bai, Emperor Bai, High God Zhe Yan." he said with a mile wide grin before literally bouncing out of the tent.

Meeting with Mo Yuan, now that he was awake, he described their wedding rituals, which compared to the Celestial Palace and even Qing Qiu were rather basic, but this could not have suited Mo Yuan any better than his brother.  He had never seen the point in large elaborate weddings that used far too many resources, cost far too much wealth and other than the couple, no one really took any notice of the small details which cost them both a small fortune.

That the boy wanted to wed Bai Qian in the Poppy Fields, did bring on a soft blush as the memory of their tryst came back to him.  Not only had he seen her naked, but her mouth was all over him.  Though he quickly threw that from his mind as one of his clansmen arrived at their side with the wedding robe that Duyi had also worn.  

Mo Yuan wasn't sure what to expect when Ye Hua told him he would be wearing the Tribal Wedding gown, but one look at it, told him that this Tribe placed great importance on marriage.  It was a beautiful hand stitched robe in vermilion.  Down one side was a hand embroidered phoenix and a golden dragon on the other.  Both were golden thread, but what caught his eye next was the small dainty poppy flowers that edged not only the sleeves but also the head piece he would wear.

Mo Yuan was beginning to get a feel for the symbolism that the poppy held for these people, and he couldn't help but wonder what the Empress or even Zhe Yan would think of it, seeing as the Peach Blossom was the Fox Clans flower symbol, while the White Rose belonged to the Celestial Heavens, but he did notice that all three held the same symbolism for Eternal Love.

Now hurrying to get the Disciples up and informed of what the day would bring, it took some time before they were all seated before him and listening to instructions.  Not only were they just learning of a marriage union that would happen that day, but they were all to assist Ye Hua in preparing for it.

By the time he was bathed and oiled down, the mist had already rolled in and with it came the cold that his side of the forest was known for.  But that did not kill the excitement.  The loud raucous laughter and soft lighthearted banter filled the air, and the mist only added to the mystery behind a junior who was still very new to them.  This was not the Ye Hua they had all grown to love, but Shifus brother, the next Overlord of the Ghost Realm and the next Heavenly Emperor.  And not only were they all in awe of who he really was, but that he was preparing himself for the most basic of weddings to a woman who held just as much esteem as he did was mind blowing for them all.

And none more than Die Feng.  The moment he learned that Ye Hua and Bai Qian were to be married, he initially felt annoyance, because he actually liked the girl, though he knew it was shallow because he was basing his affection for her on her looks, however it was made very clear, that not only were his youngest juniors already fated to each other, but a deep and eternal love had already grown between them.  So accepting what the Heavens had decided, he immediately threw his arms around the boy and congratulated him.

Of course, being much younger and not entirely confident in himself, Ye Hua accepted the embrace stoically but silently vowing to keep a very close eye on that Disciple.  He was a very jealous man, highly possessive and fully prepared to take on his own Senior if there was any appearance of a threat, and Die Feng felt that keenly.  But they were brothers, so helping him into his gown, he asked Ye Hua to explain the significance of the poppy field.  And in no time at all, the little angst between the two was soon tossed away as he shared three love stories.  Once of Lady Yi, one for his mother and one for Bai Qian who he planned on growing a Poppy field of her very own one day.