The Prophetess

Watching the boy fall, Ye Hua quickly moved to grab hold of him as Cheng Bao just as quickly stepped back to avoid being dragged down with him.

"Si Yin!" Ye Huas voice boomed over the loud thundering applause that was booming through the tavern as he gently took hold of him and pulled him back up onto his feet.

New stories always brought this kind of reaction, and being an adult only play which the Mortals seemed to be aware of, seeing as there were no women present, they were more than happy with the actors who were all being showered with coins and low valued gems.

"What happened?" Si Yins small voice barely made a dent in the noise, but being close enough to him, Ye Hua heard him clear enough as he watched the boys eyes flutter softly in his arms.

"Si Yin, are you alright?" he asked becoming worried.  They were in the Mortal Realm, and this was no place to be fainting.

"Hot!  Too hot." he whispered into his neck.

Hearing him as the noise began to die down around him, Cheng Bao burst into roaring laughter.

"Damn right it's hot in here, what you need is a little fresh air." he snickered as Chang Shan watched on shaking his head chuckling.

"What the hell did I just watch?" he asked as the colour in his cheeks began to come back to him, though it wasn't so much the sex scenes that had him fainting but the finale.

"Did the heat get to you that much?" he asked which only added to the laughter and though Ye Hua joined in, he wasn't really understanding it anymore than Si Yin.  And seeing as the Mortals were settling down, they decided it was the best time to leave.

With a quick look over the balcony Ye Hua could see several were now lining up to talk to the actors, though the longer he looked, he realized that the man who had been dressed as a woman seemed to have the most men waiting to talk to him.

"We cannot leave until we compliment the actors.  This is the rule for this tavern."  Cheng Bao explained hurriedly having forgotten to inform them.  It was also the time to gift the actors more coins and gifts so they quickly delved into their pockets for what money they had left.

"Why do we have to compliment them.  We already threw money at them and they got a roaring applause." Ye Hua said a little miffed at being kept back when all he wanted to do was return to Kunlun and think about what he had just watched.  He knew he was going to have to process the information along with the many questions he had on the play. 

"Did you not hear them introduce themselves?  They are from the Cǎoān Temple.  They are not just transient story tellers, they are all Prophets who travel the lands for their next venue based on the alignment of the stars.   Lù bào zuò is at its brightest right now and as you know when it is directly overhead, Heaven and Earth are mirrored, and being Prophets they have the ability to see into our world for as long as that star system stays above them."  He explained which instantly had Ye Hua sitting back down.

"Prophets?  You mean like seers, people who tell the future?" he asked which also had Si Yin falling down beside him looking far too pale for Chang Shans liking.

"Star system?  I don't understand?" Si Yin cut in over Chang Shan who was about to suggest they leave now.

"If you paid more attention in our Astronomy lessons, you would know that  Lù bào zuò is at its closest point to the Earth right now and will be at least for a few more days." he replied which also had Chang Shan nodding.

"But what does that have to do with the play?" Ye Hua asked which was also the question Si Yin was going to ask.

"The Earth and Heaven are mirrored Ye Hua." Chang Shan said becoming impatient with both of them.  He had just witnessed an amazing play and the last thing he wanted to do was give an Astronomy lesson.