The Final Battle

It the air, high above the Eastern forest, a Dragon and an Overlord fought a battle so explosive that to those below, who did not see their sudden entrance or who it was they were looking at, it seemed as if the sky itself was on fire.  Ye Huas explosive energy and extreme anger at the sight of his mother being hurt, saw his mind collapse in sheer rage.

The moment they both broke through the ceiling, Qing Cangs body automatically erupted into his own Dragon form.  Black as night, even deeper than Ye Huas form, and far stronger than the boy who was quickly weakening against the mans overwhelming dark energy and raw power, Qing Cang was quickly taking control of their battle.  Like Ye Hua, he too had trained his Dragon from young but unlike Ye Hua, he had far more experience in using it.

And no sooner had they reached the clouds, then Qing Cangs tail slashed the boys body relentlessly until he was able to free himself.  In Dragon form, Qing Cangs entire body was covered in sharp thorns and barbs which easily cut into the boys much weaker Dragon, which not only forced Ye Hua off him, but he was so enraged at having lost control of the ring, Ye Hua was paying the price for it.

"Who are you really?  You are not one of us, only our own can control the ring!" Qing Cang roared at the boys Dragon that was seeping blood all over the forest trees.

"I know nothing of the Ring, only the Dagger which answers to me." he replied before his tail suddenly whipped across his somersaulting body, and slashing the mans face.  

Reeling back in agony, Qing Cangs mind moved swift as lightening.  If the Dagger answered to him, that meant the ring would too.  And that meant he had to belong to their people somehow.  But knowing he was Mo Yuans twin, he could not figure out how.

"You said you are Mo Yuans twin.  But only those of our Royal Line can claim the Dagger and Ring.  That means myself and my sister." he roared as his own tail lashed back at him and ripping open a large chunk of his leg.  But no sooner were the words out of his mouth, then the sudden image of her in the entrance cave with the boy guarding her, had his black eyes honing in on him sharply.

"My sister..... Xiaoli.  Who is she to you?" he asked throwing up a barrier to block his next hit.

It took Ye Hua several seconds to comprehend what he had just said.  And it was then that Ye Hua also remembered the look on his face when he caught sight of her in the entrance cave and why he had immediately aimed to kill her.  But the thought that his own mother might be his sister was not something he wanted to dwell on.  Instead he flew into a rage and attacked with everything he had.

Below, Li Li and her husband Prepared to fly up and out of the caves ceiling in search of their son.  As yet she had not called the Dagger to her, because she was more aware of its power than any of them.  Once the Dagger and the Ring united, she was not exactly sure how much of an influence their combined energies would have on her much gentler nature.  Her Grandfather had told her that when the two came together, they united with the mind that owned them.   

He had also told her, that the two artifacts had a mind of their own, if they felt their owner was not strong enough to control them.  This scared her because she had was not entirely confident in her ability to control them, if anything she had a very strong feeling that together, they would take over completely.  

As it stood, the Disciple was more than capable of wielding the Dagger, which to her mind meant that the child was also connected to them, something she was unaware of until then.  She remembered the little boy from her time on Kunlun Mountain but what he had to do with the artifacts, was something that had her suddenly turning back towards Mo Yuan whose mind was split. 

Not only was he afraid that she would call the Dagger and use it against them, he was afraid for his brothers safety.  What he had taught Ye Hua, was enough to get him by in a battle against Qing Cangs soldiers, but as for the man himself, he knew his brother was nowhere near competent enough to handle High Gods magic and power.  Even if his inner cultivation erupted, he did not have the experience against a man whose experience far exceeded most.