[41] (2/2)

A skill every mage should hold...

By coating their mana element around themselves, aside from using it to cast a shield that would be utterly useless against their own element, they could use it to mitigate damages from their element or more so reduce the effects of their own elemental affinity against themselves.

Which in this case, Arthur holding the element of fire was using it to at least lower the effectiveness of this 'lake'.

His mana didn't simply coat himself and Ashe, no, his mana also ran through their bodies, into their bones, under their skin, and above their skin to get the best effect he could wish for.

However, this was only the minimal basic degree of control as well as mastery. He had heard tales of some small few being able to directly meld their element into their cells and become fire resistant to the extremes.

However, sadly, this was not the case here...

The 'lava' around them still continued to wave about in intense heat and Arthur could still feel parts of skin sizzling and in an effort to burn through.

At that moment, Ashe's body squirmed about within his hold and he couldn't help but look downwards. The fur upon her body was receding exceedingly fast.

He found the girl's crimson eyes looking up at his ruby jewels, her eyes had cleared into a mystifying gaze.

"Sorry...I can't fully control that state of power just yet...my animal instincts had taken control of me for a moment..." Her voice drifted.

"That step is powered by my pent-up rage..." It lacked her usual strong tone that always seemed lace with.

As this was his first time hearing this tone of hers, Arthur was quite puzzled.

"The heck?" He tilted his head.

"My bloodlust, my rage, what I've kept in, fully breaks free." She spoke once more.

"No no, not that. I meant your tone, doesn't seem that much like you. I was expecting you to kick me first thing, you know?" He replied.

"Tell me..."

"Have you not realized something yet?" He sighed, scratching his cheek lightly.

"Hmm?" Ashe's thought's cleared as she took a moment to realize the situation.

She looked around the area, then onto herself.

"..."

"..."

She was now only wearing a large shirt.

"Arthur..."

Her crimson eyes grew cold.

"Woah Woah, don't kick me just yet...at least kick me after we have survived this...okay?" Arthur quickly spurted out as he tried his best to smile.

Ashe frowned, two opposing thoughts tugging within her mind.

[The boy isn't wrong.]

'Shut up!' She gritted her teeth.

"Then do you mind releasing me from your grasp?" She finally uttered, although a question, it sounded more an order.

However, the prince shook his head.

"I can't release you, what if we drift off from each other? If I have to stretch my mana longer, the effectiveness of this 'protection' will simply be null."

"..."

"..."

Silence reigned for a moment before the two turned to look forward as if coming to a conscious.