[25] She Comes Knocking (2/2)

"15 minutes." Alex Monta unhurriedly looked at the radiantly shining swords headed towards him.

He spun his daggers into motion, crouched lightly, and charged towards the assault as his feet crushed against the rocky texture of the ground and produced dust.

"Let's play young lady."

His body blurred and the daggers at his hand began to transform.

The two blended into one, and soon, Alex Monta was met with a desolately blackened pole as his weapon.

As he continued to move forwards, he spun the weapon with both hands.

Clank Clank Clank

Maria's golden blades begun to crumble and break at direct contact with the pole as fragmented golden light fell onto the rocky hard ground before beginning to dissipate at his feet.

This was the day Maria learned her golden blades were made from the mana of the world and that they could be destroyed under the right conditions.

Unhindered by Maria's stunned glance, Alex Monta blurred once more as his figure appeared at her back. In an instinct, he was already swinging the pole horizontally with a single arm.

However, he abruptly hit the ground with the base of the pole and flung himself upwards.

His body agilely flipped as he landed not too far away.

"This ability is quite handy indeed." He unhurriedly raised himself as he turned towards the direction of the force he had just dodged.

He squinted his eyes.

"Well, this is another surprise. I wouldn't think the raging beast actually acquired the ability to control her own power."

"Anyway..."

He grabbed at both ends of the pole and broke it into half with a single snap. Surprisingly, however, the broken pieces both grew fully into two new forms; still the same poles, however, they had grown a bit thinner and lost a large margin of height.

Spinning the two weapons at hand, he smiled towards the gathered group, with each person starring daggers at his figure.

"Now, how about we have round two?"

He tried to step forwards...yet.

He abruptly looked towards his feet to see his legs wrapped in a rope of flames. He couldn't move.

He looked upwards to find a barrage of heated fireballs headed towards him. Clearly made by the red-headed boy not too far away.

He looked within his mind to see Ashe charging at his figure, her hands having transformed into beastly claws.

He saw using the <Circular View> skill he had just attained to see the duel wielding boy narrowing closer at his right.

He saw the blonde headed guard moving towards his back.

Finally, he saw the princesses blade drawn towards his left.

"Oh..." Alex Monta finally produced a frown.

"I guess it began without my knowledge."

A dark aura began to radiate from his body as a chant left his lips in an unhindered haste, "darkness overshadows light. Nothing hinder's my sight. With my hands, I steal the light of the world!"

'He knows magic!?' A single thought ran through everyone's mind at that time.

"<Descent of the Night>!"