[34] (2/2)

Gushin Mao fell down as if a fly, and Shell Chrome followed right after. Both their bodies falling in a simple thud as if they had been immediately killed.

However...

Ais's blade clicked against the ground. A cough of blood splurged from her lips, staining the marble floor.

'<Broken Will>.' Maria instantly recognized why Ais was the last standing.

That skill of hers, although taking her expression away, left her with an increase in mental fortitude. She hadn't fell into slumber like the other two that had been within close proximity. Yet, she had still gained some damage from resisting the call.

Ais looked up momentarily, her lips stained with blood, and her golden eyes in the face of a fist.

Connecting in no surprise, the body of the royal guard immediately flung away.

Maria grasped her blade with an impending force.

She ran forwards once more.

An azure column of flames pierced through and scorched past the world.

She looked to see Ashe standing by Arthur, her body having undergone a partial transformation.

A boom resounded, the flames crashed against the standing crimson reaper.

Its body skidded briefly backwards, it held its stance, the singular right hand was stretched forwards. The pillar blocked within the palms of its hand, refusing to advance further.

The golden blades melded from nothing press and into her weapon.

Maria threw her blade with full force.

Standing still, there was no surprise.

The crimson reaper was immediately impaled, Maira's weapon piercing through the thick shell of its skin, its figure flung backwards.

There was a ping of a crash, the bosses figure found itself stuck against the ground.

Maria blinked.

And simply...

A moment later, she saw nothing.

....it vanished from sight.

Bang

Yet, mere seconds later, a full force of a pound knocked against her head.

Her figure flung sideways. Che skidded against the floor, hopping about in a bid before finally crashing against the wall in a harsh thud.

Crimson blood coughed from her lips.

Her view blurred for moments.

Yet...

[Get up.]

Maria forced herself upwards, shakingly standing with her will.

Looking, her pinkish gem-like eyes traced golden hue.

Yet, the first thing she saw wasn't the beast, but rather, a boy.

A boy of average height, lean and skinny for the most part. Having an attire composed of a red shirt, cotton black shorts, and a coat of black lined with purples at the seams that held a hoodie that fell to his back. His visible hair was short and blackened, with a singular bang covering his right eye. The visible left eye was a ruby sequence of color.

Her eyes met with his, the two briefly interlocked in a staring contest.

His expression remained the same even as she stared at his figure, stoically placed.