[9]

In actuality, although it was called a bath, it looked much more similar to a swimming pool or a pond. The steam slowly rising from the emerald colored pristine water as it covered the whole area. Her back resting against the outer walls of the bath, her skin resting against the cooper wooden outer square ring as the water overflowed and lightly splashed onto the marble-like floors. She soaked within this gigantic and highly decorated 'bath' with her knight just in front of her, doing much the same.

The maids of the mansion stood not far from the pool in an orderly manner. They had already cleaned her body from top to bottom, and washed every inch of it, now, she was just slowly resting and taking a break amidst her life.

Sitting on the lower copper steps of the 'bath', Maria took a deep breath, accepting the fragrance that danced within the air, and rested herself. She looked towards her knight, Ais, who also seemed to be comfortable within the waters.

"Magic cannot beat a real bath," Maria commented in leisure.

She could see a small motion of a nod through the steam.

Staring at the heated steam, her eyes turned a faint golden color amidst its pinkish nature.

[Name: Maria Springfield

Strength: A

Speed: A

Mana: A

Skills: Ruler's Soul (U) Swordsmanship (F-)

Overall: S-]

Although, having not trained that long; she was glad to see a new skill added to her list. Although the F rank of the Swordsmanship showed she was no better than a rookie, she was content.

"I suppose it's about time."

Lightly breathing out, she stood as the tea-colored water splashed about.

***

She wore the same set of clothing, already cleaned with the magic she had used earlier, and stepped into the allure of the city.

Having volunteered to guide her around the city, Rain took the led with Ais following behind Maria.

As they walked through the busy streets, the young boy continued to narrate and introduce the layout of the city.

"Over there is the adventure guild," He pointed towards a building composed of tanned wood.

A cuboidal building which, thanks to its construction material, looked every bit as delicate as a butterfly's wings. Its tanned white figure glimmered under the afternoon sun, and Maria could see the occasional figures in battle gear leaving and entering. From ax-wielding jocks to bow-wielding nimble men.

"Adventure Guild?" She asked in curiousness.

She didn't know what it was, but she could make guesses based on the attire the people wore and the name of the building. However, confirmation was best.

"A place where adventurers and the like can accept commissions or quests-ranging from killing demonic beasts, escorting merchants, to finding specific items." Ais was the one who answered.

"You know what it is?" Maria asked.

"Yes, I worked as an adventurer for a few months before."

Amidst that statement, Maria had heard a slight shift in her voice. It had trailed off a bit, slightly so, at the end. Such a minuscule amount that one wouldn't have noticed if they didn't have the same physique as her's.

She concluded that Ais must have had some sort of important or significant memory amidst the guild.

Maria nodded and looked towards the boy before her, "where are we going?"