Chapter 24: Button Mashing Wins

Max, Violet, Steel, and I stand/float next to each other as Forge paced back and forth in front of us. His pacing started to get annoying little by little

"Max and Steel already got this talk before so this will go towards Alyssa and Violet." Forge began. I groaned. "I already know what it is then. We have to stay out of the headlines or someone might try to figure out who UltraViolet and Max Steel are." I said.

"Okay then. Since you already know it, then you should be careful. People are going to start wondering about Max Steel and UltraViolet." Forge says.

"What!? You go easy on her but you were tough on Steel and I when this happened? This is so not cool." Max complains. Forge and I sighed.

"Its probably because I know this scenario from the episode. And in it, Naught set the Copper Canyon High on fire, planted the knockout gas, and then Dredd goes after the school bus just to uncover the identity of Max Steel." I said.

"You just summed up that moment. Is there anything you don't know about me?" Max asked. I shook my head. "It might sound creepy but I've watched the episodes of Max Steel so many times, it never gets old and I've almost memorized all of the lines for some of the episodes." I say.

"So you're saying that you basically are a super fan?" Max asks. "I guess. I just wish Violet would take me to Ninjago one day." I say. Forge eventually left us to our random conversation

When we finally realized he left, we just head to the lounge. Its become our favorite place to be at N-Tek. But upon sitting down I sighed.

"What's wrong?" Max asks. "So I might've lied about not remembering. When it happened, it didn't feel like a dream. It was real enough that for Makino to talk to me." I say.

"What did he say exactly?" Steel asked. "Something along the lines of mostly Violet being some kind of ultimate ultralink I think." I replied.

"So I'm a super weapon?" Violet asks. "Not really. But your design was in progress during the time Max and Steel had originally destroyed the Alphalink. Makino basically said that he was going to use ultralinks like Violet to go to other universes to absorb and expand. His prime motive but bigger." I said.

"Then it's a good thing Violet is with us. If she was still with Makino, he'd probably come to take Earth in our universe again." Berto called out.

Max and I turn around to see Berto walking in. "Hey Berto." Max says. "Heyo." I say. "Hey. So Violet must be special because of her ability to travel to other dimensions/universes. Makino probably created more versions of her design but Violet was the only successful one." Berto says.

"If Makino was working on Violet while fighting us, then he must've been preoccupied with her design but still trying to take us out. I guess this is starting to make a little sense. But why?" Steel says.

"My guess is that Makino started it after being pushed into the wormhole his Alphalink was coming through. He probably had the idea in his head but then after being nearly defeated by Max and Steel, he finally decided to put her design into the makings." I said.

"If we're just going to theorize my birth nand purpose, then I'll be in the belt if you need me." Violet says. She links into the belt and stayed quiet.

"Violet's ability to travel universes probably overtakes her standard ultralinking abilities. Maybe that's one reason why she didn't do much when she linked with Alyssa." Berto said.

I shrugged. "Even if that was the case, Violet could have some loose ties that could help us stop Makino. Or connections to Makino and the Alphalink." I suggest.

"But how would we find those if we don't have a lead?" Steel asked. "We do this when I'm asleep. If Makino shows up again, then I could try my best to give you guys a signal that he came." I say.

"That could work but, that would also mean that I'd have to look for him in Violet's programming. And it won't be easy." Berto says.

I sighed. "Then I guess for now, I'll have to be aware when I sleep. Violet will have to then check over her programming herself while I dream." I say.

I watch as Berto left for his lab and I just yawned. "I'm so bored. Is there anything we could do that I might enjoy?" I asked.

"We could train or play videogames." Max suggests. "I guess videogames is fine. But Violet and I will win!" I declare. "Nope! Steel and I will." Max says.

I chuckled but we got the game set up and it was a go. Violet and I killed Max's avatar and a few minutes later, Steel took Violet's out.

"Just you and me Steel." I said. "Bring it on." Steel says. We started the death match and we hardly damage the other's health bar.

Then I just decide to mash down random buttons on my controller and Steel's avatar went down. "And the crowd goes wild!" I chuckled. I imitate how Steel did it in the episode Cleaning House .

We all laugh and did a couple more rounds until I somehow got the most wins. "Why do you keep winning?" Steel asked. "Button mashing." I reply.

"What's button mashing?" Violet asks. "Its where you press most of the buttons on the controller without knowing what each does in the game. Usually it doesn't work but it did somehow." I said.