↳ ᵗᵃᵖᵉ ᵒⁿᵉ ⁻ ᵖᵃʳᵏ ᵐⁱⁿʰᵉᵉ

▬▬ NOW QUESTIONING PARK MINHEE, REGARDING THE MURDER OF BANG CHAN. ❜

MINHEE sits at the interrogation table, silent

MINHEE sits at the interrogation table, silent. Dried tears stain her face, she stares blankly ahead, feeling more empty than she ever had before.

It was only a few hours ago that she had found out her best friend was dead. Because of a murder. The man who murdered him had been caught, but it didn't ease her pain.

A man walks into the room carrying a file.

"Are you Park Minhee?" She nods. "I'm going to ask you a few questions, okay?" She nods again.

"WHAT WAS YOUR RELATIONSHIP TO THE DECEASED?"

She bit her lip, trying to stop the tears from flowing out. "I... I was... his best friend. That's all I ever was to him."

The man gave her a pitiful smile. She must have been so in love with this boy.

"DESCRIBE YOUR DAY ON THE DAY THAT BANG CHAN WAS MURDERED."

"Well, it was just a regular Saturday. I woke up, I had breakfast... and then I went over to Chan's to share some writing with him. When he wasn't there, I went out to the woods to go find him. I looked for hours, but I didn't find him, so I went home. That's when and where I heard the news."

"That's all?" the man asked. She nodded.

That wasn't all. She had gone to look for him in a secret place between the two of them, a section of the woods they had played in since they were children, a place where her imagination stemmed from.

She had found him that day. She had looked and smiled at him awkwardly, considering she had told Chan about her feelings for him the night before. He smiled back though. She felt a little less heartbroken when she saw that smile.

She didn't know it would be the last time she saw it.

"I have a fight tonight." he had said to her.

"Don't go, Channie. It's too dangerous. How did you get into a fight anyway?"

"Because of you," he said. She was startled by this confession. "It's a small fight. Don't worry about me."

"Chan, don't go. Please."

"I'm sorry, Min. I have to." Without another word, he left.

And then, that night at 10:48 pm, her world crumbled to pieces.

She began to cry again.

Slow tears first, then they came quicker, and then she sobbed, deep, wrenching sobs. She could barely breathe. Her body was violently shaking because of her tears, and the pain she was feeling now was almost unbearable. The pains of heartbreak, regret, and loss.

"ARE YOU ALRIGHT?"

"No," she said between sobs, "I'm not."

"Is there anything I can do to help you, or—"

"MY BEST FUCKING FRIEND WAS MURDERED! THERES NOTHING YOU CAN DO!" she yelled. she immediately looked up with terror in her wet eyes.

"god, there's nothing I can do." she whispered before breaking down again.

"ENDING TAPE ONE, QUESTIONING OF PARK MINHEE REGARDING THE MURDER OF BANG CHAN."

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

" ALL WE SEE IS SKY, FOR FOREVER. LET THE WORLD PASS BY, FOR FOREVER. WE COULD GO ON FOR FOREVER THIS WAY. "

minniemango as:
—for forever.