Diary of a Loner..

Just something I started, let me know what you think :)

Dear Diary

Day one of summer has begun, and already I'm wishing that it would just end. Maybe if I had friends I would enjoy this summer, but no I don't. I guess I'm a bit of a loner. Really I don't care that I have no friends, there is no one worth getting to know in this town anyway, they are all just stuck up, bitchy and only care about how popular or how pretty they are. So basically what I'm saying is that living in this town sucks. I cant wait until I'm old enough to move out of here but unfortunately for me I'm only sixteen so I have to wait at least another two years before I can leave. Why my parents decided to settle here I have no idea, I mean like its not as if they grew up here. No my parents are both from Ireland but for some strange reason they decided to pack up their bags and leave, but what's done is done there is no way I can go back in time and make them change their minds about moving, that's impossible. So for now I'm stuck here.

I guess living here does have its advantages sometimes. Like the education here is at an excellent standard, but unfortunately it is wasted on people who don't give a crap about how well they do in school because mommy and daddy's money will help get them into a good college so no need to worry. But then for people like me who actually have to do well because it's the only way we have a chance of getting into a good college, the good education helps there. I suppose as well there is the fact that it can be easy to keep to yourself here. Meaning that if you aren't popular like me, you go unnoticed no one talks about you, no looks at you, no one try's to get to know you, no one cares about you. Which suits me just fine, I don't want to get mixed up in the lives of people I don't care about. Reading over this I realise that I sound pretty depressed, maybe I just am that way today or I am I always like this? No I'm just that way today, of course I am it's the beginning of summer and I have nothing to do for three whole months. Mom suggested that I go in search of a summer job, which I guess would be a smart idea, but then again where do I want to work in this town for the whole summer? My answer is nowhere.

There is no decent place that I might just enjoy spending my time in for the next three months. Well that's what I thought until my mom said that there was a music shop looking for a shop assistant for the summer. A music shop here that I've never seen or heard of before? I'm shocked at myself for not discovering it before. I love music it is the only thing that gets me from one day to the next. I literally just disappear into my own world when I listen to my iPod, I've been told by my parents that I just zone out they can never get my attention, unless they turn off the music. Which they don't do very often because it pisses me off quite a lot, and honestly I'm not a very enjoyable person to be around when I'm pissed. But what can I do I just don't like to be interrupted when I am listening to some of the greatest musicians of all time. I find it rude, which might sound strange but to me if someone just turns off the music mid song its as if they aren't showing any respect for whoever is singing. Strange I know. But now back to the thought of being able to work in a music shop for the summer, I'd be in my element for most of the day, probably wouldn't have to do much. I doubt they'd get a lot of customers because this town does not appreciate real music the majority of people only listen to that pop shit like Justin Bieber, and mom has informed me that they don't sell that sort of music there thank god. The more I think about it the more I like the idea of it, I could also work on my guitar while I'm there. Ok its decided I'll go down tomorrow and apply for the job. Hah maybe my summer wont suck as much now, well I hope so I don't know if I could stick a summer doing nothing again. If I really want this job though I'm going to have to prove myself worthy of it, but how do I do that? Buy a kick ass outfit obviously and I suppose I could touch up my highlights too just to add a bit more oomph. Right well I have a lot to do better get started. :)

Vote.Commet.Fan B-)